Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moonchunk wrote:Omnisphere trips over Waveform when you try and load 2 or more big presets at the same time. I tried to fix this - I couldn't reload the edit - it kept dying. I looked all over to find a place where I could specify the amount of CPU to allow - forgot where that was (unless I'm confusing this with another DAW) or its only available when first installing.

Tracktion is receiving my crashes (at least I'm allowing them to per my settings) so I would like to know what they find out.
In other DAWs on this same PC I've probably had 3 times the content loaded without issue.

moonchunk wrote: I looked all over to find a place where I could specify the amount of CPU to allow - forgot where that was (unless I'm confusing this with another DAW) or its only available when first installing.
In case you're still looking, there's definitely no way in Tracktion/Waveform to specify how much CPU to assign to plugins. You must have been doing that in another DAW. I don't have this VST, so can't offer anything more useful than that... just wanted to say don't burn time trying to find that setting, to tweak it, in tracktion, because that won't be the problem. The only vaguely similar setting is under Settings/Audio Devices (in the latest versions of Waveform) where you can tweak how many CPU cores to use. I wouldn't tweak that, tbh, unless you've a really good reason to not use all the cores you have available
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Anyone having problems with Sonimus TuCo presets crashing Waveform 9.1.1?
When i want to choose a preset, it crash Waveform.
I'm on Windows 7 Pro

Add Fabfilter Twin2 to the list.

It's not just "problematic" - it crashes Waveform as soon as you try to instantiate the plugin. The rest of fabfilter plugs seem to work just fine.

fix3r wrote:Add Fabfilter Twin2 to the list.

It's not just "problematic" - it crashes Waveform as soon as you try to instantiate the plugin. The rest of fabfilter plugs seem to work just fine.
Is this AU on the Mac?
The VST version seems to work fine. The AU appears to be crashing during initialisation when we query the bus layout. I'll email FF to get some more info.

Waveform 9.2.5 on MacOS High Sierra.
Tried to load softube saturation knob 2.4.64 https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=satknob
Waveform crashed.
AU version works.

Also I can't get context menu by two-finger tap on plugins panel, but control^+tap works.
Last edited by netsvetaev on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Audified STA Delay on Mac OS Sierra: the VST and VST3 versions lock up Waveform 9.2.6 on instantiation every time. The AU version seems to be working OK.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

I am also having an issue.

I think the problem is caused by one of two things.

1. Does Waveform 9 support multi-threading?
2. Is these some sort of problem with how efficiently waveform code handles plugins?

Here is my situation:
My machine normally does not have these problems.
CPU power: 16 core Ryzen Threadripper 1950x.
Memory: 64gb
Hard drive: 960 EVO M.2 SSD drive.

In Reaper, I can load as many Omnispheres as I want without issues.
In Waveform, I load 2 and it gets glitchy. 5 instances and all audio stops.

Here is a specific case:
Right now I am running 4 instances of Omnisphere. When I look at the CPU icon in Waveform it says 10, and when I click it to see more details it shows: track one roughly 50% CPU usage, track 2 20%, Track 3 15%, Track 4 10%. Not sure what is going on.

Waveform 9.3.2, Linux Kubuntu 18.04
AMD FX 6300, 4 GB RAM, Behringer Xenyx Q502USB

Crashing Plugins:

Biotek2, Collective - cant even run them, W9 crashes after restarting,
OBXD I can load it but it crashes when i minimise plugin window, and try to maximise it.

AIR Music Tech 'Strike' & 'Transformer' crash Waveform 9.3.2 64-bit. Windows 10 Pro 1709 x64 here.

Both plugins scan correctly and are listed as available plugins, but when inserted into a track, the plugin GUI has trouble loading correctly. The result is only a weird, small pop-up window in focus in front of the main Waveform GUI, and the actual plugin window remains hidden behind Waveform. If you move your mouse over the Waveform icon on the Windows taskbar you will see there are 3 related windows. If you try to close the extra windows and delete the plugin from the edit, Waveform will crash.

I tested these plugins in Tracktion 7 and Waveform 8 and they run correctly.

So this is something new with Waveform 9.

This issue regarding Strike was raised in another thread by another user, and I am confirming it, so it's not just me. Aside from these two AIR plugins, my other AIR instruments load fine in Waveform 9. I am running the latest version of the AIR 64-bit plugins.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Waveform 9.3.2 64 bit
Mac osx 10.9.5

Just tried air music tech strike and transfuser

working fine

I haven't had any major stability problems with Waveform/tracktion on this system.

Latest waveform 9.3.2
OS Linux Mint 18

Hi guys just noticed a bug when using Redux vst and in particular using program change to change the Phrases, they will only take affect if the GUI of Redux is opened.

thanks and if you require any more details just ask.

Also is there a mailing list or another way of direct contact with the developers as I have found quite a few bugs with the software and would like to report them.

Stanevie wrote:Waveform 9.3.2 64 bit
Mac osx 10.9.5

Just tried air music tech strike and transfuser

working fine

I haven't had any major stability problems with Waveform/tracktion on this system.
Yep, thanks. I suspect that the error is a Windows programming glitch somewhere between the AIR plugin and the latest version of Waveform. A programming library possibly got updated somewhere in between versions. This is always a risk with older plugins that do not get updated and tested on a regular basis.

The plugins are fine with earlier versions of Waveform on Windows.

mikoatkvr wrote:Also is there a mailing list or another way of direct contact with the developers as I have found quite a few bugs with the software and would like to report them.
KVR is probably the best way to report bugs and issues. Posts here are definitely read by the developers.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote:
mikoatkvr wrote:Also is there a mailing list or another way of direct contact with the developers as I have found quite a few bugs with the software and would like to report them.
KVR is probably the best way to report bugs and issues. Posts here are definitely read by the developers.
You can also submit a support request directly to the team here >>> https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

That request will be directly linked to your email, so has a better chance for direct follow-up.

Return to “Tracktion”