Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(you might want to test editing of automation curves of plugin parameters within a rack or a submix, and when the same plugin deliberately appears twice in a rack.)

netsvetaev wrote:
Have an issue with Eventide Equivocate on Waveform 8.2.0 on Windows 7 x64. Plugin crashes DAW when inserted.

Now worked in 8.2.7. Thank you very much!
Kind of works for me in Windows 10 64 bit. When using sidechain to match a track's EQ, it may or may not crash when selecting different sidechain sources.

When it works (not crashing) the EQ will do it's match thing, yet W will lock up and become unresponsive for a good while during it's matching activity (the plug's GUI is still showing it matching while W is unresponsive). If you're lucky it recovers, if not it may crash or continue to go unresponsive.

Because of these sidechaining issues, lots of crashes and bad communication with my Controlkey:

Got back to T7 today.

Projects, Waveform had difficulties to open, open fast in T7. No crashes when starting a new edit.

Waveforms mixpanel is nice, but I didn´t need it in 2016, so I don´t need it today.

Want to spend my sparetime making music instead of searching solutions for software problems.

Hope Waveform will work one day, I really like it, when it works.

I left quite a detailed post on how to access plugin side chain channels here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=495618&start=18

I've tested it with a lot of plugins, including our own DAW Essentials and everything seems to work as expected. What type of plugins are you using? VST is probably the safest bet here as there's less ways the channels can be configured.

If you are seeing crashes, can you send a log file (and the associated DMP file) to support@tracktion.com and we'll take a look.

dRowAudio wrote:
If you are seeing crashes, can you send a log file (and the associated DMP file) to support@tracktion.com and we'll take a look.
Where can I find log & DMP file?

Most crashes I have with HOFA System, Scuffham S-Gear & Steven Slate Drums Platinum, but with others also.

stonarocka wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:
Where can I find log & DMP file?

Most crashes I have with HOFA System, Scuffham S-Gear & Steven Slate Drums Platinum, but with others also.
The Help button will take you to the logfile.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Open Waveform and click the "Help" button then "Show the Waveform log file". If you do this right after a crash your crash will be listed near the bottom, you can search for "Crashed". Just above the stack trace will be a line with the path to the associated DMP file on Windows. (For others reading, there is no DMP file on macOS, there's a more detailed backtrace we can re-symbolicate from the log file).

dRowAudio wrote:
The Help button will take you to the logfile.
This is where I find the DMP files on my Windows 10 system:

C:\Users\MSB\AppData\Roaming\Tracktion\Waveform\Temporary\Crash Logs

T Devs - please clarify, should we also send these files along with the Waveform log file whenever submitting issue details? Seems obvious that we should, yet I'm unaware of any option in W for finding these important files.

Yes, please send the DMP file related to the crash that you're reporting (usually the last one in the log file).
The reason there isn't a place in Waveform to open these is that you need to know which one to send and you can only find that by looking at the log file. There's also no equivalent on macOS.

Today I made a copy of the edit I have problems with. I deactivated all plugins, connected the Swissonic Controlkey 61 and activated the plugins one for one, hoping to find the one that makes problems.
Didn´t find it, everything works fine now.

I notice a few VST3 problems with the new IK T-racks 5 plugins and Hornet Tape, but I've had issues with the Hornet VST3s with Sonar as well.
I'm not sure VST3s are really a major thing either way.
My few Waves plugins seem to work fine.

innervisions wrote:Hey everyone. My name is Eyal Amir and I'm a software engineer at Waves.
More specifically, I was on the development team for Bass Slapper, so this topic is quite interesting to me.

I don't have Waveform/Tracktion installed here on my system, but I did compile the latest version of the JUCE plugin host, and noticed that indeed the plugin crashed when I used the Waves VST2 shell.

I will try investigating myself and let you know if I find anything or even manage to fix it on our end somehow.

Thanks!
Eyal

Hey, any joy with this?

Would be great to have Waveform as a supported Waves host. They're even named similarly.

Also, JUCE powers the new Akai MPC-X and related VST hosting software version of the MPC, so there's another route-to-market to sell Waves instruments that needs fixing....
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Waveform Version 8.2.7 (Built: 8 November 2017) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Pro 1709

Arturia Analog Lab 3 (3.0.0.1198) | VST3

With a MIDI clip in the channel, Waveform, displays an exclamation mark (!) with the following error message:
This track contains MIDI-generating clips which may be inaudible as it doesn't output to a MIDI device or plugin synthesizer

To change a track's destination, select the track and use its destination list.
The plugin does receive MIDI data, and works as expected though, the VST2 version of the same plugin doesn't display any error messages.

chico.co.uk wrote:
innervisions wrote:Hey everyone. My name is Eyal Amir and I'm a software engineer at Waves.

I don't have Waveform/Tracktion installed here on my system, but I did compile the latest version of the JUCE plugin host, and noticed that indeed the plugin crashed when I used the Waves VST2 shell.

I will try investigating myself and let you know if I find anything or even manage to fix it on our end somehow.
Would be great to have Waveform as a supported Waves host. They're even named similarly.

Also, JUCE powers the new Akai MPC-X and related VST hosting software version of the MPC, so there's another route-to-market to sell Waves instruments that needs fixing....
If the juce/wave bug get fixed, everything that is Juce powered will be Waves compatible (including waveform and hundreds of audio tools)
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

zzz00m wrote:In reality all VST plugins will not work in all VST hosts. In theory they should, but even though all developers will claim to follow the "standard", there seems to be some wiggle room in the interpretation of the standards.

It's great when two vendors can get together and sort things out to smooth over incompatibilities, but sometimes it is easier as an end user to find a substitute that works. Making lists of incompatibilities will shine a light on those that don't play well with others... :wink:
That's why standarts exist, even with VST protocol, there are incompatibilities, if every audio developer used JUCE (wich is now close to a standar in audio prog) lots of problems would be solved.
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

Return to “Tracktion”