Javascript Macro Action Requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to change the speed of audio clips by semitones in an easily accessible way (with the "Change Speed" function). Would that be possible with Macros? For example changing the speed to 0.944 (one semitone down), or 0.891 (two semitones down), or 1.059 (one semitone up), etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It would be very useful to be able to arm the input assigned to a track.

Is this with a script possible in T6?:

- to add tracks for all automated params of plugin

- to have the browser on the right side of the screen

(those are the things I like most in T7)

Are there any actions related to vst window management? Example:
- Close all
- open all vst windows related to this track

I have to say, congrats to the Tracktion team. This level of customization is best-in-class. It's like having autohotkey for your daw. Amazing feeling.

BTC wrote:I'm trying to change the speed of audio clips by semitones in an easily accessible way (with the "Change Speed" function). Would that be possible with Macros? For example changing the speed to 0.944 (one semitone down), or 0.891 (two semitones down), or 1.059 (one semitone up), etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Not sure I've got this right - you want to change the pitch AND the clip length?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:
BTC wrote:I'm trying to change the speed of audio clips by semitones in an easily accessible way (with the "Change Speed" function). Would that be possible with Macros? For example changing the speed to 0.944 (one semitone down), or 0.891 (two semitones down), or 1.059 (one semitone up), etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Not sure I've got this right - you want to change the pitch AND the clip length?
Yes. I want to change the speed of an audio clip by fixed amounts/percentages (semitones), and yes, that will change both the pitch AND the clip length. It would basically be pitching by semitones without time-stretching.

Hello all - I'm the "new guy", having just purchased 7. Great stuff. I saw that one can split a clip at the in point, and can split at the out point, but there isn't an action(I'm assuming) to combine the two into one assignable shortcut. Is this possible? I'm still learning, so sorry if I missed it. Thanks!

BTC wrote:
jabe wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Yes. I want to change the speed of an audio clip by fixed amounts/percentages (semitones), and yes, that will change both the pitch AND the clip length. It would basically be pitching by semitones without time-stretching.
Fair enough!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

FR regarding record arm/enable
first macro: only record arm track x and y
second macro only record arm track a and b

Hi,
this one is urgently needed here and therefore I hope this can be done via macros already.
There is currently no shortcut to have sets of tracks get record ready/arm....there is just one to record arm all tracks or unarm them.
Could macros give me two or three sets/groups so I can record enable e.g. first macro: only record arm track x and y
second macro only record arm track a and b.

Many thanks for helping me with this important one.

regards

Hi,
I guess I should have posted my question here instead of making a new thread.
Let me ask this here again:

I want to get rid of the mouse as much as I can.
It would be nice to select an object, hit 'set put In and Out marker around it (that shortcut exists already) and now hit the missing shortcut ' create marker between In and Out points' .
This way the marker would have the same length going from In to Out marker.
Can this be done in one macro?
I had a look but can't seem to find the right code lines ... this java script is absolutely new to me.

thanks and regards

I'm working with a vst guitar tuner plug in.
Tracktion is not set up to do live input monitoring as I'm monitoring with my mixing console.
issue:
Currently it is really cumbersome to quickly tune the guitar.
I.e.: click the the guitar track input button on the left and then mouse activate 'live input monitoring' at the bottom and then go to plugin field on the right and call up an vst tuner plugin... then tune the guitar-> go back to hide the plug in-> switch off 'live input monitoring again.
This is quite awkward and slow quickly checking that the guitar is in tune between recordings :-(

Can live input monitoring activation/deactivation be done with current set of java script actions?
If yes, then how?
Secondly, what would be the best macro to deal with described scenario above?

Many thanks in advance, a macro would really make the workflow so much faster.

regards

Thanks for the requests, we are noting these down!

dRowAudio wrote:Thanks for the requests, we are noting these down!
thanks. Looking forward to seeing if some will find the way into the macro system. (pleeease :-))

Another macro question.... (coming from Samplitude):

FR macro to toggle the status: hide/show all open plugin windows

at the moment there doesn't even seem a traction shortcut to close an open fx window but click on the 'close' field via mouse or use alt+f4.

regards

Hi,
I took the name clip macro and gave it 'gt' for guitar.
Now, when I select five objects to have them renamed to 'gt' it doesn't work-> only the first clip gets named and the others keep their old names.
What do I have to do to the script to rename all selected clips?

var clips = Tracktion.getSelectedEditElements ('clip');
Tracktion.setName (clips[0], 'gt');

Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

regards

You're only renaming the first element of the clips array (clip[0]);
You need to iterate the array and call setName on each item:

Code: Select all

var clips = Tracktion.getSelectedEditElements ('clip');
for (var i = 0; i < clips.length; ++i)
    Tracktion.setName (clips[i], 'gt');

Return to “Tracktion”