Javascript Macro Action Requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Works! Much thanks for it.

Could we have a 'save preset' action? That would be an incredible workflow gain!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just added this, will be available in 6.2.2.

Code: Select all

// Save selected plugins as preset
var plugins = Tracktion.getSelectedEditElements ('plugin');
Tracktion.saveObjectsAsPreset (plugins);

Thanks! Great support.
Another one: pressing enter on a preset in the browser will load it on the vsti (if any on a track), or will create a track with that vsti if none is loaded. I'm trying to avoid a very costly drag and drop operation across the entire screen. Very costly, very stupid, and very easy to avoid. My ideal workflow for browsing presets would be that they load as I press enter or click on them. Similar to how samples can be previewed. No daw does this very well (best is S1) so you would have the first working preset browser in the market that is actually useful.

urlwolf wrote:My ideal workflow for browsing presets would be that they load as I press enter or click on them. Similar to how samples can be previewed.
This is how the search browser works. If you select a preset that actually generates some sound (e.g. a synth) you'll see the following buttons appear "Preview", "Apply", "Inputs", "Outputs".

Make sure your default audio device is selected from the "Outputs" option and a connected MIDI keyboard is selected from the "Inputs" menu. Also make sure "Preview" is checked.

Now when you select a preset you should be able to play it with your keyboard, no need to load it onto a track.

Alternatively you can enable the "Apply" button which will automatically apply the selected preset to the selected track. Be careful you don't have a track you wish to keep selected though.

With these options, auditioning presets should be very quick and you'll only need to drag it across the screen once.

That is quite ingenious. Thanks for the explanation.
I could not get to work the 'apply part'. I select a track that has the vsti, switch to a preset for it in the browser with the 'apply' button being 'on', but the track preset doesn't change.

What looks like the best workflow to me is that we have keyboard shortcuts to change preset in the browser and automatically apply it. The preview is nice, but it doesn't show the interface, which I need to understand the sound.
This way, one could move all preset management to tractkion, bypassing the built in (often poor) preset manager.

So my workflow would be to :
- save an entire .fxb into individual .fxp s (I now how to do that in FL)
- Mass import the fxp s by dragging and dropping them into T6 browser
- Using T6 browser from that point on. it provides search, tagging, etc.
- If I ever want to make a .fxb, I would have to mass convert from .trkpreset to fxp, them stich them together into a .fxb.

Does this make sense? Is this planned functionality down the line? FL and S1 both have the drag and drop import.

Collecting .fxp into a .fxb should be simple to do in a program.

Many many years ago I intended to create random .fxb selections for a plug-in based on its existing ones, but didn't. The possibility of producing nasty noises via headphones was a concern.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

How about a batch "selected projects" to export each edit as a trkarchive to a specified directory? Also maybe an option to close the project and delete the files after conversion.

This would make backing up really easier

dRowAudio wrote:
Kang wrote:Also, what about named markers on the fly?
Just added this. You can now add the clip types: 'barsBeatsMarker' & 'absoluteMarker'.
insertClip also returns an object so you can rename it or move it around etc.

// Insert Bars/Beats Marker Clip
var clip = Tracktion.insertClip ('barsBeatsMarker');
Tracktion.setName (clip, "Hello world!");
Hi I'm trying to insert marker on the fly and leave that marker selected so I can tab to rename.

// Insert Bars/Beats Marker Clip
Tracktion.selectItem (clip);
, doesn't seem to cut it.

Any help would be nifty :)

Any one?

I tried yours and it added the marker clip but didn't select it. I don't know why it didn't.

I looked up the thread and after a bit of messing ended up with this that seems to do the trick:

Tracktion.deselectAll();
Tracktion.addObjectsToSelection (clip);

There may be better ways. The second line is to avoid having more than one thing selected.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Fantastic!
Thanks Jabe

Finally got to try it Jabe, cheers it works

Funny how it doesn't show the marker as selected with the red line at the top but hey, it works so no complaints :)

Hey Jabe where did you find the deselect command?

crashedthecar wrote:Hey Jabe where did you find the deselect command?
Glad it's working for you.

I found it in a post on page 5, though it had been mentioned earlier in the thread. The post I got it from was by dRowAudio; Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:28 pm.

Return to “Tracktion”