Books - Guide to Tracktion T6/T7 - $0

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fedexnman wrote:Finally got around to purchasing , nice job !
Thank you!

Will the book be available in Kindle format soon? I could download the pdf sample onto my reader, but can't adjust the size of the letters and worse, can't navigate. My reader doesn't support the included videos, either. I can understand why you might not like Amazon, but Kindle is the most widespread reader.

singadream wrote:Will the book be available in Kindle format soon? I could download the pdf sample onto my reader, but can't adjust the size of the letters and worse, can't navigate. My reader doesn't support the included videos, either. I can understand why you might not like Amazon, but Kindle is the most widespread reader.
The included MOBI file from Leanpub will open on any Kindle reader or app.

Thanks Ed, I got the full version. Since I had to install it directly over USB, I'll also have to update manually if you make substantial changes. The file was too large for leanpub to send to kindle for wi-fi delivery. "Table of Contents" doesn't show up in the "Go To" dialogue, but if I go to the title page and flip a few pages, there is a fully functional table of contents.

singadream wrote:Thanks Ed, I got the full version. Since I had to install it directly over USB, I'll also have to update manually if you make substantial changes. The file was too large for leanpub to send to kindle for wi-fi delivery. "Table of Contents" doesn't show up in the "Go To" dialogue, but if I go to the title page and flip a few pages, there is a fully functional table of contents.
Okay, I do plan to revise the book in a few weeks to correct typos and some formatting errors. I don't plan to make an more any major content additions.

There are quite some typos, but the book is amazing. I'm realizing how little I knew about the program I frequently use.

Hiya
This update is to late for me as I have mine printed and bound now
but I will say this way works very expensive, first you pay for the PDF file which most companies provide free with the software then another fee to get it printed my copy cost £43 to get printed alone, so won't do it this way anymore.
All the Best, Take care, Hubert

Tracktion 5.4.2 + bundled VST's<>Novation X-Station Midi Control Keyboard Synth<>Win 7 Home SP1<> Pen i7, 3Ghz, 8Gb Ram, 500Gb 7200rpm HD, 500Gb 7200rpm Music Project HD

hubie100 wrote:Hiya
This update is to late for me as I have mine printed and bound now
but I will say this way works very expensive, first you pay for the PDF file which most companies provide free with the software then another fee to get it printed my copy cost £43 to get printed alone, so won't do it this way anymore.
It's a minor update. I wouldn't worry about it.

Just wanted to say thanks for writing the book Bill. It's definitely the missing manual to T6 in my view. I hope it's been worth your while to publish. The state of manuals these days is horrendous. I remember learning more about audio production and recording techniques just from reading the manual to my Ensoniq SQ-80 almost 30 years ago. Now, we're lucky to get a PDF that was anything more than an afterthought. I guess it's just a symptom of the software development cycle that documentation is so hard for developers to maintain.
[Waveform 12.0.53 on Mac Monterey 12.3.1]
Art is dangerous. It is one of the attractions: when it ceases to be dangerous, you don't want it. - Duke Ellington

eagle-patriot wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for writing the book Bill. It's definitely the missing manual to T6 in my view. I hope it's been worth your while to publish. The state of manuals these days is horrendous. I remember learning more about audio production and recording techniques just from reading the manual to my Ensoniq SQ-80 almost 30 years ago. Now, we're lucky to get a PDF that was anything more than an afterthought. I guess it's just a symptom of the software development cycle that documentation is so hard for developers to maintain.
Thank you for the good feedback. Writing books takes a lot of long hours and getting any book to public release is an accomplishment apart from any financial benefit.

if we order the t7 book, is this seperate from the t 6 book? as in, is t7 book only for the new features in t 7? or all of the features of the daw? reason why is, i didn't know if i needed to purchase both t6 and t7 books. thanks.

carllackey wrote:if we order the t7 book, is this seperate from the t 6 book? as in, is t7 book only for the new features in t 7? or all of the features of the daw? reason why is, i didn't know if i needed to purchase both t6 and t7 books. thanks.
The T7 book is a new edition of Guide to Tracktion T6. I contains everything from the first book but is being updated with the new features in T7.

Today I released an update to the book "Guide to Tracktion T7". I added more coverage of new features. Chapter 3 on installing demo projects is back and correct for T7.

https://leanpub.com/guide_to_tracktion_t7

This week I added the following new features to Chapter 39:

Group Clips
Linked Clips
Automation Patterns
Plugin Sidechain
First Run Setup
Scroll Behaviour

This is the full set of new features that are now covered in the book:

New UI Look
Compact Toolbar
Browser Position - Left, Right, or Top
Multiple Synced Browser Panes
New Zoom Tool
Project Tab - Three Column View
Project Tab - Edit Previews
Project Tab - Get Demo Songs
Drag to Set In-Marker & Out Marker
Auto Show Panels
Visual Plugin Selector
Group Clips
Linked Clips
Automation Patterns
Plugin Sidechain
First Run Setup
Scroll Behaviour

In other words we have to pay again for the update.

singadream wrote:In other words we have to pay again for the update.
Unfortunately charging for the book, is the only way I can afford to put the effort into writing and revising it. If you just bought the T6 book message me.

Bill

Return to “Tracktion”