Books - Guide to Tracktion T6/T7 - $0

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought it in Nov, so I didn't "just" buy it. I don't have version 7 yet, didn't get any notice from Tracktion (yet). If they're going to continue issuing new versions without a manual, I guess you've got an important role to play.

singadream wrote:I bought it in Nov, so I didn't "just" buy it. I don't have version 7 yet, didn't get any notice from Tracktion (yet). If they're going to continue issuing new versions without a manual, I guess you've got an important role to play.
If you don't have T7 there is no reason to get the updated book.

Hey Bill,

Perhaps you could offer an upgrade to the T7 book for those of us who purchased the T6 book?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

singadream wrote:I bought it in Nov, so I didn't "just" buy it. I don't have version 7 yet, didn't get any notice from Tracktion (yet). If they're going to continue issuing new versions without a manual, I guess you've got an important role to play.
FYI, based on T4-T7, we can expect each major Tracktion update to be first demoed at the annual NAMM show in the second half of January and on sale soonish afterwards.

I suppose another way would be for the Tracktion company to pay Bill to update the book and make it available to purchasers of the new Tx release, but the $60/$30 (same as T4, 5c aside) prices would have to change. I'm guessing Bill sees the new release, along with certain testers, before most of us do.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I suppose another way would be for the Tracktion company to pay Bill to update the book and make it available to purchasers of the new Tx release, but the $60/$30 (same as T4, 5c aside) prices would have to change.
Actually that's not a bad idea. Releasing new versions without a manual means either you pay between $12 and $25 more for each release or you try to figure out all the new features on your own. Neither option is good. My vote: Make Bill part of the team and offer a better package for a modest hike in price.

Just want to thank Bill Edstrom for his great videos, and his books.
But I think that the Tracktion software corporation must offer an official manual.
The videos presenting the new features are appreciated, but often we need more precisions.

Just a shout out to Bill and his "manual" and videos. I used T7 last week to complete a cue on a deadline and Bill's materials helped tremendously.

T7 is so inexpensive. Even with paying Bill $30 you get an amazing DAW for less than a 100 bucks. Still a deal in my book.
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

pquenin wrote:Just want to thank Bill Edstrom for his great videos, and his books.
But I think that the Tracktion software corporation must offer an official manual.
The videos presenting the new features are appreciated, but often we need more precisions.
I hear that. His videos and books are great and inspirational. I also like the business model where Tracktion keeps the price low by not making a manual. I mean, some prefer to learn things by trial and error. For long-time users, you can get along with the old manuals. I just updated from T2 (yup!) to T7 and the similarities are plenty, so I can get going whenever I have re-registrered most of my plugins that T7 refuses to run, but which the 10+ year old T2 take on without a hassle. I hope this waste of time is over soon - otherwise it is back to the good old T2 :lol: .

But those who really want a manual can then put up the extra bucks for Bill's book. I did, as it is nice to have the details at hand.

My only quarrel is that this is not at all clear for a newbie buying Tracktion. I is just not obvious that you get zero manual for your 60$. Hence, you can argue that T7 is effectively more expensive for the new user, as he/she will probably have to buy Bill's book. I am happy, but making this more transparent on tracktion.com could never hurt.
Amateur guitarist and producer. Long time friend of Tracktion 2, numerous plugins but, in particular, playing real electric guitar and Moog hardware.

Thanks for the kind words about the book and videos. I was happy that Groove 3 wanted to provide T7 videos which are available now:

https://www.groove3.com/Tracktion-Softw ... -Explained

It tells me that there is a growing use base.

There are a few of the new topics like Clip Layer Effects that are in the Groove 3 series but haven't made it to the book yet. I expect to get those remaining topics covered over the next few weeks.

I used T7 to create three versions of a mix to be used for a dance choreography last week. It was a project with a different Edit for each version. It took me 15 minutes from start to export and sending off the mixes. When you get the hang of Tracktion it makes sense.

My suggestion is for more users to post Tracktion related tips and tricks videos on YouTube. That sort of thing goes a long way to help grow the user base. You also learn a lot trying to explain what you are doing.

Dear all,

When i buy the Guide to T7 Book, will it cover all stuff that is treated in the T6 book ?
Or am i gonna miss stuff when buying the T7 book only ?

Warm regards,

Rob.
Rob van Hees

My understanding: He is using and updating the T6 book for the T7 book so in places where things have not changed significantly it's the same. I believe he is in the process of updating pictures and such to T7. He also has a section linking to book specific examples and it's a combo of T6 and T7 videos.

He is constantly updating it. It's a great resource.
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

That sounds great, thank you for your help !
Rob van Hees

Just updated the book with some new things in Chapter 38 - New in Tracktion T7

Added to Chapter 38:

* Introduction paragraph
* Low-Contrast and Low-Detail interface options
* Turn off Auto Show Panels
* Compact toolbar Properties panel lock

Another update:

Corrected some typos introduced in Chapter 38 during yesterday's release.
Added Appendix B - An interview with Tracktion Creator Julian Storer

Many thanks !
Rob van Hees

Return to “Tracktion”