Books - Guide to Tracktion T6/T7 - $0

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pay what you want with $0 minimum price.

Guide to Tracktion T6
https://leanpub.com/billedstromsguidetotracktion

Guide to Tracktion T7
https://leanpub.com/guide_to_tracktion_t7
Last edited by gigazaga on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 39 times in total.

Looks good so far , I checked out the 28 page sample . Nice job on the YouTube videos for T6 as well.

fedexnman wrote:Looks good so far , I checked out the 28 page sample . Nice job on the YouTube videos for T6 as well.
Thanks! I expect the book to be more than 200 pages when released.

!! Totally Ridiculous !!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

zxant wrote: 
!! Totally Ridiculous !!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

?

Last edited by ZeePok on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

zxant wrote: Because the guys at TSC last year already couldn't be arsed to provide a decent manual with Tracktion 5. You had to buy a series of video's (which I never did, because the free ones were vastly inferior to those of T4!)

And now comes this manual that must be purchased separately...:o

That makes Tracktion officially the EasyJet/RyanAir of the audio world ... Initially you pay next to nothing, but to get it all working comfortably you have to shell out a lot more 'bucks'!
I don't see how this relates to a 3rd party author deciding to write a book on how to use Tracktion. I certainly am not going to spend months putting together a book for free.

If you didn't like the video series, you will certainly find the book to be inferior too.

I do appreciate all the supportive messages I have gotten from other Tracktion users however.

I've got along fine with Tracktion I have the old T2 book and also the T4 PDF which was kind of a rebadged T3 PDF which is fine . YouTube videos and tutorials are fine by me . Tracktion is dirt cheap $60 new and $30 upgrade , I don't care to pay more than that for more plugins, loops , PDF manual what have you . @gigazaga if you release a digital book version and is in the Google play , Apple apps , and Amazon store , Kindal , and is for digital download I'd be very interested , I rather have a digital copy . If I want to print it out , I'll buy some paper and ink cartridge for my printer .

fedexnman wrote:...if you release a digital book version and is in the Google play , Apple apps , and Amazon store , Kindal , and is for digital download I'd be very interested , I rather have a digital copy . If I want to print it out , I'll buy some paper and ink cartridge for my printer .
Initially, it will be available on Leanpub.com during the beta book phase. You will be able to download it in PDF, ePub, and mobi formats so it should be readable on most computers and devices.

It might go to the other stores and marketplaces later, if there proves to be enough demand.

+1 on the book, kudos Bill.

FWIW, I much prefer the idea of a WIKI than a manual, but the Tracktion community (myself included) seemed indifferent to the idea. At least an electronic publication can be updated, especially if TSC prove true to their word and maintain a proactive release and upgrade schedule throughout the year.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Wait, the most you've possibly paid for T6 is $60, and you're griping about buying a book?! Most of the information in the T4 manual is still germane to T6, with videos being made for new features all the time. What's the issue here? Some people are never satisfied. I love that I've bought the last two updates to Tracktion for lest than half of what I'd have spent on another DAW. Carry on.
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

I look forward to checking out leanpub.com then . Thanks .

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Here is a question. Would you rather have the chance to buy the book early and then receive numerous updates and new chapters over a time? Or, should I wait until the full book is done, then release it?

Wait .

Well it's always getting to need updating anyway as new features are being added all the time so getting it in stages wouldn't be much different and would break it up into readable chunks too.

Return to “Tracktion”