Tracktion Linux FAQ

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

why used non native plug in gnu linux in wavevorm 9 ? It's a not sense. For gnu linux in waveform i used native vst or ldspa plug in at never crash my tracktion waveform 9 on ubuntu studio 18.04 on hp elite 8200 sff and debian stretch with repository kxstudio on asus x54c laptop.....
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

fortklang wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 amThe function of the operation key was chanced after 9.26, it now should enter window switching mode in unbutu.
[pause to tell TDE window manager about the change] So it does. Grazie!

gennargiu wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 pm why used non native plug in gnu linux in wavevorm 9 ?
Because the supply of them is still fairly limited?

Yeah, it's 4.2 I've got. Bizarrely, after reading the above I've tried it again and got both the standalone and the plugin working. It's to be noted though that since I last tried a few runtimes have been installed for other things via Winetricks so maybe something is required that wasn't there before.

gennargiu wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 pm why used non native plug in gnu linux in wavevorm 9 ? It's a not sense. For gnu linux in waveform i used native vst or ldspa plug in at never crash my tracktion waveform 9 on ubuntu studio 18.04 on hp elite 8200 sff and debian stretch with repository kxstudio on asus x54c laptop.....
I don't want to start a flame war but you do realise you're talking out of your hat don't you?
Firstly it's not a nonsense to use non native plugins. The tools are there and a huge number of plugins work fine in other DAWs. For me, the extra processing overhead that may be required isn't an issue. Also, Waveform supply a Windows license for Melodyne whether you use Windows or Linux because it doesn't exist for Linux, if you want to use it you use it in Wine, no choice in that.
Secondly, most of the crashes I was having personally, and why I ditched Waveform were not being caused by 3rd party plugins but by Waveform's own operation and plugins. Something they acknowledged, fixed a few in the next betas and then said that they wouldn't be fixing any more until the next revision. So if you don't want to stump up the extra money for another license you'll have to live with the crashing forever because they won't be supporting 9 any more. Buy the next revision and some of the issues may be fixed but there'll be others because they're introducing yet more new features instead of stabilising the platform. Nice!

if you do not feel comfortable with a daw you change it, I do not see where the problem is .....
Bitwig Studio 4.0.1 - Live Ableton 10/11 standard + MaxMsp 8 - Reaper 6.3.4 - Waveform 11 - Mixbus 7 - Ardour 6.9
Mx Linux 21.4 Hp elite 8200 sff (Debian Bullseye based + kx studio) - mx linux 19.4 (Asus x54c) Windows 10

Time and cost investment.
Comfort has nothing to do with anything.
Would you be happy buying anything and then being told, after finding that it's defective that in order to have the defects fixed you have to buy it again? Thought not.

I find Waveform will crash whenever a connection is attempted if using JACK as its Audio configuration however when using ALSA it's very stable.

Melodyne 4 runs perfectly (w/occasional graphics driven xruns) using Wine-RT or Wine-Staging

oddy.o.lynx wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 pm Melodyne 4 runs perfectly (w/occasional graphics driven xruns) using Wine-RT or Wine-Staging
Is Melodyne accessible from within W10 or only when ran as a separate/standalone application?
Making Bitpop music....
Tracktion Waveform 11 under Ubuntu 20.04.
ROC CUbe Ryzen 3400G - 32GB RAM, 2xSSD, Integrated Radeon RC Vega 11 GPU
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

It is not possible to use Melodyne through Waveform as the integration does not exist in Linux. Unfortunately, Melodyne has no plans to put out a Linux version either. I asked them. However, Melodyne works using WINE in Linux.

I can load Melodyne assistant (version 4.2.1) the 64 bit VST3 version in Reaper (the Windows version) and it works perfectly. The 64 bit standalone also works without hitch. Carla can also bring it up the 64 bit VST2.

I am using Debian 9.6 with KXStudio repos.

nunrgguy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:39 pm Secondly, most of the crashes I was having personally, and why I ditched Waveform were not being caused by 3rd party plugins but by Waveform's own operation and plugins. Something they acknowledged, fixed a few in the next betas and then said that they wouldn't be fixing any more until the next revision. So if you don't want to stump up the extra money for another license you'll have to live with the crashing forever because they won't be supporting 9 any more. Buy the next revision and some of the issues may be fixed but there'll be others because they're introducing yet more new features instead of stabilising the platform. Nice!
This is why i did not upgrade to W10...
I can't get myself to pay for fixes for a product i already paid for even tho i bought updates since T5....

Installed T7 to test it on a system running ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 for use as a multi-track DA capture platform with an RME Digi9652 coupled to an old ADATXT. Before installing T7, the setup worked for both recording and playback from/to the ADAT using audacity. After installing T7 and running the setup within T7 (step2), the sampling rate to/from the 9652 became locked to 88.2kHz. This is outside the range of the ADATXT. No other options are available. It does run and capture, but mixes (interleaves) every other track into a single track.
Now, I cannot reset the sampling rate back to 44.1k or 48k. Audacity and Ardour no longer run. I have tried rebooting, purging and reinstalling pulseaudio, but cannot reconfigure pulseaudio or alsa for the 9652 back to a working state.
Any ideas?

Did you try hdspmixer and hdspconf application? It's semi-official apps for RME Hammerfall cards.

Hi,
After installing Tracktion 7 free for Linux, i've changed the langage pack (i'm french) and then there is no langage at all. I can't réinitialize the changment. I've deleted tracktion and re-install it, its the same.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thx for ur reply !

This is what i have on the screen :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, try to run with clean user's Tracktion folder. If I remember correctly it is ~/.Tracktion

Return to “Tracktion”