Melodyne tips

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The version we have tested is V2.1.2 VST3

If you launch the 'settings' within Melodyne, there is an auto updater that will grab the most current version

Enjoy
Tracktion Software Corporation

Well, thanks, but I have no desire to spend $99 to upgrade to v2. I tried installing and activating my bundled Essentials v2.1.2 but, unfortunately, it overwrites my Melodyne Editor 1.3 and would basically be a downgrade because I would be losing DNA, among other features. I had to uninstall it and reinstall Editor 1.3.

If I could install Essentials v2.1.2 (or even just the VST3 plugin) and leave my Editor v1.3 untouched I would do so, but that seems to be impossible. ARA functionality would have been nice, but unless I'm missing something here I guess I'll just continue to use Melodyne as a plugin.

It is a good question for the Celemony guys

As far as I understand it, you should be able to run both - Essentials as a VST3 in Tracktion and your existing V1 Editor as standalone, but the Celemony team would need to confirm

I will ask them to comment

Well, I found a good deal on an upgrade to Editor v2.1.2 so I bought and installed it, but I'm not sure if it functions properly in ARA mode. I'm reviewing Celemony's videos on ARA and will experiment.

Keep us posted - you can always email me directly with any issues you want to share: woody@tracktionsoftware.com

rolon wrote:Well, thanks, but I have no desire to spend $99 to upgrade to v2. I tried installing and activating my bundled Essentials v2.1.2 but, unfortunately, it overwrites my Melodyne Editor 1.3 and would basically be a downgrade because I would be losing DNA, among other features. I had to uninstall it and reinstall Editor 1.3.

If I could install Essentials v2.1.2 (or even just the VST3 plugin) and leave my Editor v1.3 untouched I would do so, but that seems to be impossible. ARA functionality would have been nice, but unless I'm missing something here I guess I'll just continue to use Melodyne as a plugin.
I just wanted to add a note- in case someone comes across this thread like I did looking for answers. This is an excerpt from the Celemony DL page....

"Melodyne singletrack
Both the installation program and the installed stand-alone implementations of Melodyne are now called 'Melodyne singletrack'. You may be puzzled by this name, since, after all, your edition of Melodyne is called 'Melodyne essential'; but there's a reason for it: all editions of Melodyne are now delivered as a single integral program package. It is only the serial number (your license) and the activation triggered by it that determine which edition in fact runs from the installed program."

It appears,there is now only a single program that runs various versions determined by your license? Seemingly, you can only authorize a single version on your machine, and any previous versions will be de-activated?

Hi there,

has anyboy successfully manged to work with ARA like in the Celemony Tutorial Video with Studio One?

I am a longtime Melodyne Editor user (since M. Plug-In) but Tracktion is my first ARA DAW.
I just got Tracktion (5.4.2) yesterday.
I can transfer an audio recording etc. but that's it with Melodyne Editor (VST3).

OS X 10.10
Any help? I feel stupid :)

Well I finally got Melodyne Editor 2 with ARA working and ....OMG IS THIS COOL! I can edit polyphonic audio like I do with MIDI! Wow oh wow oh wow! Did I mention that I'm excited? This is like science fiction! I sound like a studio musician!

Could you please elaborate on what you did?

Did not have any time to dig into it yet.

NOW, I FINALLY figured it out, how to use ARA. I was running a too low Audiobuffer. The simple things always getcha!
find the walkthough here:
https://tracktion.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... ips-Tricks

It isn't running for me when I click the setup file. I've e-mailed Celemony....

How many of you have taken up the offer to by the Editor version for an extra $150? Wondering if I really need to...

Editor's main feature is deep polyphonic note access. IF you use only monophonic samples / loops (no chords & voices) Essential is fine enough.

Check this comparison chart.
http://www.celemony.com/de/melodyne/functions

I have the latest Melodyne downloaded from their website today and the VST3 is not loading on a Windows 8.1 install of Tracktion 6 demo.
I get the red text to show it has been deactivated. The VST2 version doesn't even show up in the plugin list.

Any ideas?

secretkillerofnames wrote:I have the latest Melodyne downloaded from their website today and the VST3 is not loading on a Windows 8.1 install of Tracktion 6 demo.
I get the red text to show it has been deactivated. The VST2 version doesn't even show up in the plugin list.

Any ideas?
I am all right on T6/32 and both T5s. T6/64 refuses to load Melodyne vst3.
If I scan T5/64 Melodyne works fine but NO project will open in t6/64 until I delete Melodyne from the plugin list. Is this an acknowledged bug? A list of known issues maintained by TSC would be useful at this early stage.

Confirmed. Having installed and used Melodyne VST3 successfully with the T5 demo, T6 demo will no longer load projects and crashes to desktop.

Return to “Tracktion”