Melodyne tips

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys - hope you are all enjoying getting to know Melodyne :)

Here are a few critical tips to get the best results on all systems

1. Only run the VST3 version of Melodyne - this is by recommendation of the good chaps at Celemony. If you have scanned the AU, simply remove from the plugin list by selecting and deleting - then rescan for VST3

2. Be sure to have the option 'run audio engine when stopped' selected in Tracktion - to find this, launch an edit and go to the option list in the bottom left hand corner

3. To show the Melodyne editor, select a clip in your edit, then choose 'Melodyne' as your stretch algorithm in the properties panel - you will then see a 'Melodyne' button appear on the clip and in the properties panel - this will launch the editor

4. If you don't get any audio through Melodyne simply increase your audio buffer size in the settings tab (under audio I/O)

5. if you have problems with the Celemony license code, be sure not to add any spaces before/after the code when copying - their site does not like that

We will be automating as much of this as possible in future releases

Enjoy
Tracktion Software Corporation

No I have not…because it is not located in my account as it states in my email - Also, because we know some of you have aggressive spam filters, we have added the Celemony Melodyne Essential code and instructions to your T5 user account. Just sign-in to your account for the update.

If you have not received your code yet, hold tight - the servers are batch processing so you will receive very soon :)

I just followed the tips and everything works perfectly!
Thank you T5 !!! :)

Is it possible to have Melodyne process real-time? (i.e. real time pitch correction)

I use gsnap for this now, but it's free and worth every penny.

Does the ARA integration also work the same with other versions of Melodyne, such as the Melodyne studio bundle with the Melodyne editor?
David Lee

The ARA integration does allow you to monitor real time :)

And yes, you can use any version of Melodyne with the ARA integration :)

Enjoy

TSC wrote:The ARA integration does allow you to monitor real time :)

And yes, you can use any version of Melodyne with the ARA integration :)

Enjoy
I think he meant process the realtime audio stream as if it were an audio effect, which it cant.
It has to load and analyse an audio file
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I know nothing about this ARA. Does it mean an end to lost melodyne audio files when loading an old project? Is the melodyne audio file saved as part of the project?

I already have Melodyne Essential. Does this version differ in any way or do I now just have 2 versions of the full software? If this version only runs in Tracktion I'll keep my original version.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

So .. thanks for the melodyne :clap:

BUT ! i have strong timing probs when using as Stretching-tool.
I get from left to middle an increasing timingshift and an decreaseing further on to the left.
Dealing with bufferlength in the audiosection results in marginal improvement. the Longer the better
but all in all it remains distinctive.
---------------
Using a better AudioDevice may solve this. 96K is obligate. Very little time deviations now at the beginnging of a clip, but they remain and the further in time the more it timeshifts. until it is unusuable. :roll:
---------------
Using as Plugin with "Transfer" it runs ok. no timing probs at all. vst or vts3 all the same

The Melodyne can be run in other DAWS (f.i. <whisper> reaper tested as vst-plugin 64bit</whisper>)
so i guess it is a full essential version.

Melodyne as vts3 on
Tracktion 5.3.14 (Built: 4 September 2014) (64-bit) :party:
my Computer
(16GB I7 2670 64bit)
Last edited by bobobo on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

there are some bugs when I copy and paste a melodyne clip on OSX :
copied audio clip wave doesn't redraw
no sound

Damn, I am still waiting. I upgraded yesterday, still no licence. Sniff!

You are not alone. I am also waiting. Upgraded friday. No info 'till now, but hey it is sunday :) I hope, to hear something tommorow.

We did track down an isolated issue on the server regarding folk upgrading - has been fixed this morning so everyone should have codes - feel free to contact me directly if you don't get yours: woody@tracktionsoftware.com

Very odd. On my iMac running OSX10.8.5 I can get through the first three steps in Tracktion 5.3.14 32-bit with Melodyne Editor 1.3, which supposedly supports ARA. However, neither pressing the Melodyne button on the region nor the "Open Melodyne GUI" button below does anything.

In Tracktion 64-bit I can only get through the first two steps. Melodyne does not appear as a stretch algorithm option. Inserting as a plugin still works, but can't get ARA mode to work at all.

Shouldn't ME 1.3 work in ARA mode?

Return to “Tracktion”