Waveform 10 is now available!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're right, I also bought the Tracktion plugins. I think I payed $99 for the package. I can't remember.

My favorite new feature is probably "range selection"... the improved group editing could be nice but I'm not sure why that couldn't be done pretty easily with plugins on submix tracks.

A lot of the other new things tbh seem like just okay versions of great 3rd party plugins I already have (already got Autotune 8, Melodyne Studio for tempo and midi, lots of saturation and dynamics plug-ins (AirWindows not terrible sounding but difficult to navigate all the plugins and what they do, plus no presets...), not to mention Corsair keyboard for macros...). Part of the appeal of Waveform's price point (and one significant reason why I haven't switched to Cubase yet) is that it lets you spend the difference on your own choice of high-quality 3rd party plugins (though I guess the idea behind bundling the most basic Melodyne and Autotune is that they benefit by getting people to upgrade)....

But if the new plugin error reporting features etc lead to more problem plugins working, that's a major plus....

I’m about to upgrade from v.8, but I just started 3 weeks ago, (DAW came bundled with a Behringer interface I got) and have a ton of questions to be answered, but now the number one is: do I have to uninstall 8 and do a fresh install of 10?
I don’t want to lose the work I’ve been doing so far...

fernee wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:41 am I’m about to upgrade from v.8, but I just started 3 weeks ago, (DAW came bundled with a Behringer interface I got) and have a ton of questions to be answered, but now the number one is: do I have to uninstall 8 and do a fresh install of 10?
I don’t want to lose the work I’ve been doing so far...
No you don't, have to uninstall W8, they will both work.
The only caveat, don't open any important projects in 10 as they are very unlikely to open again in W8.
I have W9 & 10 installed and both working .
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Well, don't open any 8 projects in 10 until you're sure you're keeping it. Or make backups...
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

does it change the data on open, or only on save?

Not sure, but you get a warning on opening that the file format will change. Because W10 is doing auto-save, it will effectively be on file open.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

A few minutes ago i wanted to buy the Upgrade to Waveform 10, then I see the price for my suite 199$ for an Upgrade? Sorry folks, not for this price.....

hc-hardy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:24 am A few minutes ago i wanted to buy the Upgrade to Waveform 10, then I see the price for my suite 199$ for an Upgrade? Sorry folks, not for this price.....
If you have already previously purchased a bundle, as far as I'm aware you only need to upgrade to the basic installer. Maybe some one else can confirm this.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

terrynoakes wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:49 am
hc-hardy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:24 am A few minutes ago i wanted to buy the Upgrade to Waveform 10, then I see the price for my suite 199$ for an Upgrade? Sorry folks, not for this price.....
If you have already previously purchased a bundle, as far as I'm aware you only need to upgrade to the basic installer. Maybe some one else can confirm this.
Exactly. I own the W9+ Bundle, so i needed only W10 Basic Installer for 69$ to Upgrade.
I don’t speak English, but this very well :D

I tried W10 and UI is still sluggish with microtonic plugin on OSX.

Yes, you you only want to upgrade Waveform and already have the other products listed in the pre-made bundles just get the $69 upgrade.
You might also want to take a look at the Bundle Builder however as you can get some great discounts by purchasing multiple products (like RetroMod synths) at the same time.

Also see: (now a sticky)
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=519875

OK I will give it a chance with the $69 Upgrade. Thanks for your tips.

Is there a new manual for version 10? The Show Full User Guide just opens the v9 pdf manual published on 2018-01-16.

Steve Bolivar wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:08 am Is there a new manual for version 10? The Show Full User Guide just opens the v9 pdf manual published on 2018-01-16.
I searched, there is no updated guide yet. It takes time to add new chapters.

Return to “Tracktion”