FR: Time clock

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know there's an easy way to change the time line to HH:MM:SS, but this changes the entire top of the screen away from bars and beats to HH:MM:SS.

That makes sense for folks working on video, where the timeline is essential. But if you're working in bars and beats, it would be great to see a time clock showing you, as well, your song length and cursor position in HH:MM:SS.

Maybe there's a way to do this already in W9, but I can't find it.

This was a common-enough feature in the old MIDI sequencers, but it's really helpful to know--when you're working in a project--where you are time-wise in the song even when working in bars and beats. Maybe a little clock in the corner that can pop-up and close out if you don't like it? Nothing fancy--I just want to know that a project is under or over five minutes and by how much, and if I'm punching into a piece, I might want to do so at 3:40 seconds exactly, and not necessarily at Bar 62, beat 1.

Is this confusing? Should I explain it a little better?

I'm waiting for Jabe, Zooom, or Peter to tell me it's been *right there* the whole time and I never noticed it.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

If you use the small transport bar you get both time and bars and beats.

Being able to see both at the same time would be helpful for me too.

YES! This would be very useful for me too.

In fact I just suggested it as a new feature a couple of days ago!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=519820&p=7313149#p7313149
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

Oops saw 'Time Clock 'in the title and added my comment to the wrong post! Sorry
Sworkshop

"The tide of amateurism cannot but recede, until there will be left only the mechanical device and the professional executant." - John Philip Sousa, 1906

Just talking to a fellow waveform user about this too.
Can we have time and bars on both expanded and small transport please
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Agreed

Where would you put it on the expanded transport?

FigBug wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:22 pm If you use the small transport bar you get both time and bars and beats.
Yes, you sure do. Exactly what I was looking for...just didn't use the small transport bar. Seems like a great place to put it, too! Sorry about the confusion.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've been asking for this every so often for about 6 years.
Last edited by fromwithin on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

It be cool to have the tracks be bars/beats and the clock to be a time clock ... it be nice to have some options

fromwithin wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:01 pm I wouldn't get your hopes up. I been asking for this every so often for about 6 years.
When I switched to W8 that was one of the first things I wanted and searched the forum here. I figured I can't be the only one who would like to see time and bars/beats timelines simultaneously, and yes it's been requested for years. Maybe someday. At least I'm not alone.

W8 had the small transport bar, which shows both simultaneously, so it's been there the whole time you've wanted it ;)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I want the dual timelines not a timecode display. That way I can just look to any location in the arrangement window and see the MBT and HMS without even touching or moving anything. I always use the large transport anyway. :(

How would you want the divisions to be displayed? The problem is if you have a non-integer tempo like 113.8, the times that align with the bars won't be nice numbers.

And would you want it the other way too so the time is the marker for vertical lines? In that case, the bars/beats almost certainly will be off.

I'm just trying to figure out a nice way to show this...

Return to “Tracktion”