Restoration Suite 2 — a Giant Leap in Audio Quality

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are happy to announce the release of Restoration Suite 2 — a suite of four cutting edge plug-ins for audio restoration work: DeNoise 2, DeHum 2, DeClick 2 and Declip 2. DeNoise 2 introduces the novel dynamic noise profiles that help reducing noise that varies randomly over time, such as wind noise or rustle from lavalier microphones. Where the earlier versions merely captured a static noise print with time-constant noise levels, the dynamic noise profiles capture statistics from the noise to be reduced. The noise suppression algorithm then estimates the most suitable noise threshold curve for the noisy input signal using the measured statistics.

https://youtu.be/0-7iUkfcf8s

The adaptive de-noising modes have also been significantly improved in version 2 and use a completely new estimation algorithm. Regardless of operating mode, the new noise suppression algorithm further reduces the typical and well-known artifacts from heavy noise reduction.

DeNoise 2, DeClick 2 and DeHum 2 now support Mid/Side (M/S) processing, which can reduce unwanted fluctuations in the stereo image. The core algorithm in DeClick 2 received major improvements and now better preserves transients and can be pushed to higher click and crackle sensitivities without introducing artifacts.

DeHum 2 has a new automatic fine-tune button that triggers automatic estimation of the hum noise frequency. The hum tracking and suppression have also been improved. Declip 2 was improved in terms of audio quality and now offers even more impressive reconstruction of clipped signal peaks. All the plug-ins in the suite now support surround and immersive audio formats up to 7.1.6 channels.

Restoration Suite 2 is available as of today for $99.90 USD in the Acon Digital Store. Restoration Suite 1.x customers that bought after August 1st, 2019, are entitled to a free upgrade. The normal upgrade price is otherwise $49.90 USD, but early birds can upgrade for $29.90 USD until November 15th, 2019. Acoustica Premium Edition 7.x customers can unlock Restoration Suite 2 with their Acoustica license key and Restoration Suite 2 will be included in the upcoming Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2.

Further reading: https://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/

Great update! Can't wait to see how much these restoration modules have improved since v1.

By the way, Is DeFilter v2 next :D ?

Saw it on the gearslutz news, updated before receiving it in the mail newsletter :D , I'm sure it'll be great, also can't wait to try these soon..

Thanks for the kind words, SeeingInMidi and 3ee! First of all, we need Catalina support for all apps and plug-ins... :)

Best,
Stian

I now awaiting the new Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2 !
I hope it will come soon.

Best
Peter

Thanks for the update, bought it yesterday, and great new options.
Quick questions concerning DeNoise though:
1. Even with identical settings (learnt noise profile, no dynamic or adaptive profile, all numbers manually set to identical values) it uses up about 4 times the CPU than version 1. Is this how it should be?
(In numbers an instance of DeNoise 1 uses 0.4 % of CPU here, and DeNoise 2 uses 1.7 %).

2. How can I activate the M/S mode? The botton is not working here.

Win 7 prof 64 bit, Reaper latest version.

Thank you for your good work, Hannes

EDIT: Corrected the version numbers.
Maybe doing jokes without the use of smilies ...

Hannes_F wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 am Thanks for the update, bought it yesterday, and great new options.
Thanks, Hannes!
Hannes_F wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 amQuick questions concerning DeNoise though:
1. Even with identical settings (learnt noise profile, no dynamic or adaptive profile, all numbers manually set to identical values) it uses up about 4 times the CPU than version 1. Is this how it should be?
I assume that you use the VST2 version? REAPER is a bit odd in the default configuration, I believe, and it automatically assigns all input and output channels. Since Restoration Suite 2 supports up to 7.1.6 surround, there CPU consumption rises significantly. This shouldn't happen with VST3 and I vaguely remember that there's a settings in REAPER to assign only channels in use for VST2 somewhere. Unfortunately, I no longer remember the details.
Hannes_F wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 am 2. How can I activate the M/S mode? The botton is not working here.
M/S Mode is only available when processing stereo audio, so solving issue 1 would enable M/S processing as well.

Best,
Stian

Wow.

This is fantastic!

Thanks Stian!

A great restoration suite became even better :D

nathanj wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 am Wow.

This is fantastic!
sinkmusic wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 am A great restoration suite became even better :D
Thanks, guys! :)

Best,
Stian

Gevatter wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:37 pm I now awaiting the new Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2 !
I hope it will come soon.
Yes, we're working hard on v7.2. It's been slightly delayed, but we expect to release in a month or so. We'll need to get it out quickly for full macOS Catalina support as mentioned earlier.

Best,
Stian

Hi,

thanks for the great update.

I have a problem with these with rendering in Wavelab (I think Wavelab has internal a strange way of rendering as it opens another instance of the plugin and copies the settings over).
When I use the dynamic profile during denoising the results of listening in realtime and rendering a completely different. The rendered file has many dropouts on passages with loud "s"- or "t"parts of words...

It seems that it doesn't happen with the VST2 version. But when I work with the VST2 version Wavelab crashes during startup and points to the Denoise2.dll as reason for the crash

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:08 pm It seems that it doesn't happen with the VST2 version. But when I work with the VST2 version Wavelab crashes during startup and points to the Denoise2.dll as reason for the crash
Thanks for these reports! Is this an older version of Wavelab? I assume you're the Win64 bit version?

Best,
Stian

Oh, sorry. Yes, Win 64 and Wavelab 9.5

Return to “Acon Digital”