PLAY function not working - Acoustica 7.1

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For a couple weeks, Acoustica ran fine at this computer (installed at work - for editing audio transcription files). Then ... playback simply stopped.

All other icons function - fast forward / reverse / jump to end. I can highlight a section of the WAV file, I can instantiate a plugin - but PLAY does not function inside the plugin either. I can drag/drop a file in ... but I'm stymied.

Of course, without playback, it's just a pretty GUI.

Help? Could it be conflicting with some other audio software? Windows Media Player, iTunes, Phillips SpeechMike (although it ran before ...)

Hi!

Did you check the audio device settings? To do so, please choose Edit > Preferences and navigate to the audio device settings tab. Please make sure you have the correct audio output device selected and click the apply button. You can also check that the output routing is correct by clicking the button with the route icon to the right of the device selection box.

Best,
Stian

That was it - I had it set to "Windows Audio" and changing it to "Direct Sound" fixed the issue. Thank you - it was the fact that the PLAY icon didn't "move the needle" - I never thought it was a routing issue because I didn't think it was playing back at all.

Awesome, glad to hear that it works now! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”