Multi track Editor

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Stian

(note, edited to replace animation with automation)

I had a look through the forums but i couldn't find anything on the multi track editor. I hope you don't mind me asking a few basic questions about it.

I've recently switched to Acoustica Premium because I'm:
a: on a mac
b: refuse to pay Adobe's subscription fees
c: love the built in effects of AA
d: love the spectral processing integration of AA
e: love the succinct interface and workflow of AA

For me, the only disappointment with AA is the multi track editor. I mean, it's fine and does a good job of basic multi track mixing but having used Adobe's Audition quite a bit in the past I was a little underwhelmed with the options of AA. Now, feel free to say that asking for a multi track editor to the likes of a DAW is being ridiculous because AA is first and foremost an audio editor, I totally get that and I'm totally fine with that. However, if you are planning to continue to develop it, there are a few things that would really help to make it a more robust ecosystem t.

1. Being able to double click on a file and have it open in the audio editor. As far as I remember Audition does this and it's a beautiful feature as it offers the the full power of the editor window with the functionality of the multi track window.

2. Automations. I believe automation is on the roadmap for the editor window, which I am really excited about! Hopefully this also includes the multitrack window.

3. Duplicating clips. I can't find a way to do this.I can copy and paste but getting them to line up to the original clip is a bit tedious as they paste to the point of the timeline cursor. I feel that more selection tools for the mouse would really help workflow. For example, Pressing Command (on Mac) and clicking on every single file is annoying if I want to select say 20 duplicated clips in a row. I could select "select all clips in track" from the menu but that is not really ideal. Something like"shift + hold click and drag" to select all the desired clips would be much more intuitive.

4. More Auxiliary channels. Want more. Need more. Probably won't die if I don't get them but I can't guarantee anything.

Anyways, these are just my initial thoughts. I could give you a much larger list of ideas but I just wanted to get your thoughts on where your energy will be focused with AA. If the multi track editor is more of a tool for simple mixing and I'm really just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, I'm totally fine with that. But, if you plan on developing it further I would love to give further input into its development, if you're interested.

Apologies for the long-winded first post. I don't mean to sound ungrateful in any way. I really love AA premium.

Thanks in advance.
Nathan
Last edited by nathanj on Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

... whoops
Last edited by nathanj on Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edit:

Just found this: "We'll probably plan this into v7.5 since an update of the multitrack editor is planned in that release." in the "Acoustica: some thoughts/annoyances/suggestions" thread. Glad to see that the multi-track editor will be improved with the .5 release! Fantastic news. :)

Hi Nathan!

Thanks for these suggestions! These are good suggestions. I didn't quite understand what you mean with animations, though?

Best,
Stian

My bad. I meant automation. :facepalm:

Thanks for the clarification, Nathan! Yes, automation it planned for both the single and the multi-track editor.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”