Acoustica 7 / voice removing/isolating

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I own Acoustica 7 Standard, and I need to remove the voice from some stereo tracks (to get only instrumental tracks), or on the other hand to extract the voice to use it separately (with an instrumentation of my own).

I once read most of the manual of the Standard version I own, and I can't remember this version being able to do that.

Is the Premium version capable of this feature? To spectrally isolate instruments? Are there tutorials somewhere describing this process?

I enjoy your products, thanks in advance for your response!

Djon

Anyone a hint?

Hi Djon,

Unfortunately, there are no tools for voice isolation in Acoustica yet. That's a very difficult task and generally not possible with out artifacts. If the voice is perfectly centered in the stereo image, you can use the integrated equalizer (Equalize Light in the Standard Edition) and set up a peak filter in the mid channel to reduce the mid-channel gain in the frequency range of the voice. That will of course reduce all instruments placed in center, so you might lose much of the music as well, I'm afraid.

Best,
Stian

Ok thanks for the answer. I did not think this would be an easy task, but at least I thought this is not something impossible when you are able to have a spectral image versus time of a track/song, which seems to be possible with Acoustica. When you have this, to me it looks like you are able to see where the voice or any instrument is located on the spectrum (versus time), even if you neglect the frequencies you cannot differentiate from other ones. (At least you have something.)

Too bad! I heard Izotope RX manage this, but it's a really expansive suite... Too expansive to me.

It's harder than you might think and the current tools have many artifacts, I'm afraid.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”