Acoustica Premium 7.1.16 - open file >> crash

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Acoustica Premium 7.1.16 - open file >> crash

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.16, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Acoustica seems to always crash with these actions:

1. Open Acoustica.

2. Click on File > Open - a window opens, for choosing the file.

3. Right-click on a file name on the list - there, Acoustica crashes.
This happens with both wav and mp3 files, I have not tried other kinds of audio files.

I use Windows 10 so that I can open programs and files with just one left click, not the standard double click, I don't know whether this is related to the issue, and also I don't know in which way this might affect the right clicks. My Windows 10 has all the latest updates.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for reporting. I couldn't reproduce this issue and I'm not sure that Acoustica is the culprit. The right mouse button shows the context menu as you know and a malfunctioning shell extension plug-ins could be the cause. Have you tried the same in other software that shows the standard Windows file open dialog?

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian, following your suggestion, I have just tried the right click with some other software that use the standard Windows file open dialog: EditPad Pro, Foxit PhantomPDF, Microsoft Word, SoftMaker TextMaker, iZotope RX6, Transcribe!, the statistical software R. No problems with any of them. On the other hand, the issue continues to happen consistently with Acoustica 7.1.16. Again, my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit has all the latest updates.

Interestingly, when the problem occurs, just before Acoustica crashes, a small window opens, telling something about an unrecoverable error and launching the e-mail client (which does not happen), but I cannot capture this window (in fact, the whole screen) with the standard PrintScreen, this seems not to work in this case.

Return to “Acon Digital”