Acoustica crash/bug when editing layout

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can make Acoustica crash consistently on exit when changing layout. For example like this:
0. View -> Restore Default Layout (if it's not default already)
1. drag "Correlation Meter" into "Spectrum Analyzer" (into a "folder")
2. drag "Loudness Meter" to the right ("arrow") of "Spectrum Analyzer/Correlation Meter"
3. Quit Acoustica.

Upon exit, there is a crash/error.

Also "Load Layout from File..." is buggy. After loading the layout it's all messed up, I have to close Acoustica and start it again to make it look right.

Acoustica 7.1.16 64 bit, OS: Windows 7
Last edited by Logga on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the detailed report! We'll try to reproduce and fix ASAP.

Best,
Stian

I had the same issue while trying to create a couple of layout files, sometimes it crashes on opening. I find out these files (View > Save/Load layout from file) are standard XML files, that you can edit with a text editor. The one crashing the app were quite messy, with unnecessary level of nesting. I ended up simplifying them in a text editor, and it worked great.

Yes, meanwhile, I've tried to reproduce it. Unfortunately, it seems quite erratic. Logga's steps don't cause a crash her, I'm afraid. We're working on it, though and will hopefully manage to fix this issue quickly.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:18 pmLogga's steps don't cause a crash her, I'm afraid.
FWIW, I could reproduce it in a VM with a clean Windows 7 install and Acoustica Premium trial.

i think it is due to the version. try updating

Return to “Acon Digital”