plugin error on mac

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello
I am evaluating Acoustica Premium in demo mode before deciding on purchase. I have noticed issues with the GUI for various Audio Units not rendering at all in the display window. Checking the system console I see:
" Acoustica 123: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h."

I am curious if this issue is known and what the plans are for moving away from the long deprecated Carbon CM.

Hi!
tingalls wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:53 am Hello
I am evaluating Acoustica Premium in demo mode before deciding on purchase. I have noticed issues with the GUI for various Audio Units not rendering at all in the display window. Checking the system console I see:
" Acoustica 123: This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h."

I am curious if this issue is known and what the plans are for moving away from the long deprecated Carbon CM.
Thanks for your interest in Acoustica. I'm not sure it the warning and the rendering errors you see are related. I assume you have the latest version of Acoustica (7.1.16)? The warning is rather bizarre since Acoustica is a 64 bit application and doesn't use the Carbon Component Manager. I don't think it causes any harm, though. The white UI background is an issue with the theme support introduced in Mojave, I think. I assume the plug-ins don't play well with application built with the latest SDK versions. There was a similar problem in earlier versions of Acoustica as well, but that's fixed since quite a while.

Which plug-ins are causing problems?

Best,
Stian

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Stian,
Thank you for the reply.
Melda plugins seem to have the problem. https://www.meldaproduction.com/download/plugins (https://www.meldaproduction.com/download/plugins) Both VST/VST3/AU version don't render anything. The AUs are white and the VST backgrounds are black. Looks like Spectral Conquest AU by Expert Sleepers is having problems rendering parts of the UI but not all of it. A couple others that were causing problems were just old. These seem to work properly with other hosts and AU Lab (for the AUs of course).

Return to “Acon Digital”