Acoustica 7 - Sum Stereo to Mono

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
I love Acoustica 7 (It was the only editor that finally replaced Bias Peak).
How can I take a dual mono or true stereo pair and create a single mono track (sum to 1 mono track)?
Am I missing something?

Thanks!!

Hi!
analogcabin wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 am I love Acoustica 7 (It was the only editor that finally replaced Bias Peak).
How can I take a dual mono or true stereo pair and create a single mono track (sum to 1 mono track)?
Am I missing something?
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that you like Acoustica. You can use Tools > Convert Sample Format... to convert a stereo file to mono.

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

This feature of Acoustica, the conversion from stereo to mono, seems to be hidden inside the Tools > Convert Sample Format menu.

No mention to this kind of conversion can be found in the Help files, although a picture of the Convert Sample Format module shows the small window "Number od channels". A search for "mono" doesn't return information about that module.

Shouldn't maybe the conversion of the number of channels be decoupled from the sample rate conversion? I mean, shouldn't Acoustica have two different modules under the Tools menu, with the proper titles, to perform each of these actions?

Or maybe just the title of the Convert Sample Format module could be changed, to make it clear that it deals also with the number of channels.

Regards,

Paulo

I think this belongs together and I wouldn't like to have too many menu commands, otherwise the application will get very hard to use when we add further features. I agree that it should be in the help index, though. :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”