Acoustica Premium 7.1.8 - issues with label numbering

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.8, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

To create a numbered label, first I position the cursor on the desired point of the audio file, press the keyboard L, and then I have "label 1". I position the cursor on another point, then press L, and then I have "Label 2". Always in this order: position the cursor / then press L, and we have the labels correctly consecutively numbered.

But something strange happens if I reverse that order: first I press L, keep it pressed for a while, then position the cursor on some point of the audio file. Things happen as if the label counter, due to the L pressing, goes on counting internally, even before I position the cursor at the new point of the file. When we do choose a new position for the cursor, we then can get things like either "Label XXX", where XXX means a bunch of numbers graphically superimposed, or something like "Label 259", when we have in no way created such large number of labels.

In the Label List, if the last (fake) label was "Label 259", all labels between 1 and 259 will have been created.

Please see the attached figure.

If someone presses L and keeps it pressed, it seems that the label counter should only be activated [n <- n + 1] when the new cursor position is defined. Some solution like that, possibly.

Regards,

Paulo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Adding: the same kind of issue happens when defining numbered regions, when pressing R before defining the region.

This is actually just the keyboard repeat. If you keep the button pressed, the command will be called several times. Acoustica could of course omit adding multiple labels at the same position, but I don't think it's a huge problem.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”