Acoustica Premium 7.1.1 - spectrum analysers

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.1, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

When using the Equalize 2 module, we have two spectrum analysers working and being seen at the same time: the regular one in Acoustica, and the spectrum analyser inside Equalize. It seems that the Equalize analyser presents the spectrum at a higher resolution in frequency, with more details concerning the frequency composition of the audio, than the regular Acoustica analyser. In the low end of the frequency range, say below 400 Hz, the difference is quite noticeable.

If that is true, why are there two different real time spectrum analysers in Acoustica, with different frequency resolutions? Why not just one same analyser in the two places, possibly the one with greater resolution in frequency?

Furthermore, the Equalize analyser includes a backgroud grid, a feature which is lacking in the regular Acoustica analyser.

Regards,

Paulo

i would venture a guess that the Acoustica regular (not Premium) doesn't come with Equalize 2, so perhaps it's an additional incentive to go Premium :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

It's a legacy thing, since Equalize was available as a plug-in before finding it's way into Acoustica. The Standard Edition includes "Equalize Light" with the same analyzer, so it's definitely not to force users to buy the Premium Edition. You can set the resolution in Equalize 2 and we'll make the standard analyzer more customizable as well.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”