Acoustica Premium 7.1.1 - Equalize 2 module

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.1, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

1. I have a question about the Equalize 2 module. With an audio file open, let's start the module, and add a new equalizer band. The default for the new band seems to be the peak filter. Define the frequency, gain (greater than zero), bandwidth and slope of that peak filter. Now, change the band type to high cut filter or to bandpass filter - the gain now dims out to zero. Now, return to the peak filter. When returning, the gain of the peak filter stays at zero, it does not return to the previously defined value for the peak filter. Is there a reason for that behaviour? I think that if the user is experimenting with different kinds of filters, he or she should be able to switch between two or more kinds of filters without losing any previously defined parameters. As it is, that switch forces us to redefine once again a parameter that had been defined before.

2. A suggestion about the piano keyboard that can be seen in Equalize: that keyboard has a range much wider than the one of a regular 88-key piano keyboard. And the range is much more extended to the right than it to the left, when compared to an actual piano keyboard. Although the frequencies of the notes are shown (just below the keyboard), I think that this extended, non-regular keyboard can possibly cause some confusion, some disorientation, to the user (as it happened to me).

An 88-key piano keyboard goes from A0 to C8. Maybe, the keys in the extended range in Equalize (the ones to the left of A0 and to the right of C8) could be marked in light grey, or light yellow, or any other colour, such that the keys corresponding to the regular 88-key piano keyboard, in white, could be clearly seen. Also, maybe the central C (or the central reference A?) could be marked in some different colour, as a visual reference point. Although Acoustica users could be dealing with musical tones outside the range of the regular piano keyboard, I think that, in music, the regular 88-key keyboard serves as a reference, and this is why marking it clearly in Equalize could be helpful.

Regards,

Paulo

Return to “Acon Digital”