Acon Digital Equalize 2

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vladimir!
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am Hi Stian.
First of all I'd like to thank you for the great products you're making. I just bought Equalize and for me it sounds much better than Pro-Q2 which was my go-to eq for years. To me the transients are reproduced tighter and the overall sound is more musical and transparent. Great job!
Thank you very much for the kind words!
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 1. Personally I, and I'm sure many other engineers are used to see the banwidth value in quality factor (Q), not in octaves the way it's represented at the moment. That would be nice if one could choose Q or Oct representation type on the preferences page.
We could probably make this an option for the UI. However, the automation parameters would need to remain in octaves, otherwise we'll break session callback for some hosts.
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 2. When I click on one of the eq bands on the curve, the frequency of the band would most often move to another value. But I don't intend to change the frequency value, I just want to choose a certain frequency band.
My vision is short click to choose a band on the curve or press, hold and move the cursor to move the frequency value of the band.
It sort of works that way already, but I guess we could increase the initial distance required before the parameter values are changed. I've added this to our task tracker.
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 3. I like spectrum analyzer drop rate set quite fast, it helps me to dig into the mix better, but that would be really cool if I could see the accumulative spectrum at the same time. That function is smoothly implemented in Pro-Q2 plugin. If you move the mouse to spectrum analyzer and freeze the cursor there for a second or two - the accumulative spectrum line appears above the main spectrum analyzer and dissapears if you move the mouse again. Maybe you could make it work the same way.
I agree, that would be a nice feature. I've added this as well to our task tracker.
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 4. I could't find input(stereo) and output(stereo) in frequency analyzer options.
There are only two curves to avoid clutter. What exactly would you like to see. E.g., to see the stereo input, you can choose left and right input respectively.
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 5. I'd like to see a global gain control knob which affects gain of all bands simultaneously in percentage. Thus you could lessen or enhance the equalization fast and safe. (I'm aware that it's possible to select and edit multiple bands at the same time, but that's another function).
I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think it could lead to much confusion. It would need to be relative and specified in percent, I suppose. However, the gain scale wouldn't be correct for values other than 100%.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:02 pm Hi Vladimir!
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am Hi Stian.
First of all I'd like to thank you for the great products you're making. I just bought Equalize and for me it sounds much better than Pro-Q2 which was my go-to eq for years. To me the transients are reproduced tighter and the overall sound is more musical and transparent. Great job!
Thank you very much for the kind words!
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 1. Personally I, and I'm sure many other engineers are used to see the banwidth value in quality factor (Q), not in octaves the way it's represented at the moment. That would be nice if one could choose Q or Oct representation type on the preferences page.
We could probably make this an option for the UI. However, the automation parameters would need to remain in octaves, otherwise we'll break session callback for some hosts.
Thank you very much for your answer, Stian. This one is the main feature request from me, most critical I'd say. I would be more than happy if you could add that feature to your nearest task tracker. Automation parameters are not a problem.
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 2. When I click on one of the eq bands on the curve, the frequency of the band would most often move to another value. But I don't intend to change the frequency value, I just want to choose a certain frequency band.
My vision is short click to choose a band on the curve or press, hold and move the cursor to move the frequency value of the band.
It sort of works that way already, but I guess we could increase the initial distance required before the parameter values are changed. I've added this to our task tracker.
Thank you!
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 3. I like spectrum analyzer drop rate set quite fast, it helps me to dig into the mix better, but that would be really cool if I could see the accumulative spectrum at the same time. That function is smoothly implemented in Pro-Q2 plugin. If you move the mouse to spectrum analyzer and freeze the cursor there for a second or two - the accumulative spectrum line appears above the main spectrum analyzer and dissapears if you move the mouse again. Maybe you could make it work the same way.
I agree, that would be a nice feature. I've added this as well to our task tracker.
That sounds great!
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 4. I could't find input(stereo) and output(stereo) in frequency analyzer options.
There are only two curves to avoid clutter. What exactly would you like to see. E.g., to see the stereo input, you can choose left and right input respectively.
I'd like to see left and right channel together for the input and output, if possible.
vladimireti wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am 5. I'd like to see a global gain control knob which affects gain of all bands simultaneously in percentage. Thus you could lessen or enhance the equalization fast and safe. (I'm aware that it's possible to select and edit multiple bands at the same time, but that's another function).
I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I think it could lead to much confusion. It would need to be relative and specified in percent, I suppose. However, the gain scale wouldn't be correct for values other than 100%.
I've used the same function in many other EQs including iZotope Ozone EQ, FabFilter Pro-Q etc. Particulary during the mastering process where the EQ values tend to be pretty low this function works like a charm. It would need to be relative and in percent indeed.

I'd really appreciate if you could implement any propositions from the list above.

Many thanks in advance,
Keep making great products!

Best,
Vladimir.

Currently on sale for 70% off!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Acon Digital”