Acon Digital Equalize 2

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just noticed this new version release.
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/acon-digi ... ypes-42646

Equalize has been my trusted workhorse eq for couple of years now and I've been very pleased with it. And now us v1 users get a major version upgrade for free, very nice move, really appreciate that Stian.

Visually still the same clean Acon Digital look which I happen to like a lot. Preset browser does look sharp now and all the old user presets seem to load and work the same. Bottom right section in the GUI rearranged better now I think.

Love the adjustable frequency range in the equalizer curve editor, this was one thing I felt missing in v1. Optional piano keyboard display is also a nice addition, but I think users should be able to switch it on/off faster. Using the new preference page, it takes 5 clicks to change the keyboard display. I don't know if the new GUI arrangement would offer a place for a little keyboard button for example, or maybe just some shortcut key to get to it?

Have to go test the new filters more, two more reasons to maybe not need any other eq for a daily use.

I do have one minor complain about the editing behavior which applies to v1 as well. Kinda hard to explain, so I'll show an example screencap below. You'll see three eq points, two above the zero dB line and one below. Now if you select all 3 points and then move the point below the zero line higher with a mouse, the 2 points above the line will move down and vice versa. This is what I expect to happen with this kind of selection and adjustment. However, if I keep the same eq points selected and use the Gain knob instead, the selected points will move to opposite directions only till they reach the zero line, then they will all move to the same direction. I think the behavior should be the same as when moving with a mouse? Certainly not a major deal for me, just something I've noticed.

Great upgrade, thx Stian :tu:

Maybe I've noticed solo mode problem.
I think other band's bandpass should be bypaased while solo monitoring.

Frequency range zoom is really great new feature, but
I think Abletonesque drag zoom is better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

subterfuge wrote:Just noticed this new version release.
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/acon-digi ... ypes-42646

Equalize has been my trusted workhorse eq for couple of years now and I've been very pleased with it. And now us v1 users get a major version upgrade for free, very nice move, really appreciate that Stian.

Visually still the same clean Acon Digital look which I happen to like a lot. Preset browser does look sharp now and all the old user presets seem to load and work the same. Bottom right section in the GUI rearranged better now I think.

Love the adjustable frequency range in the equalizer curve editor, this was one thing I felt missing in v1. Optional piano keyboard display is also a nice addition, but I think users should be able to switch it on/off faster. Using the new preference page, it takes 5 clicks to change the keyboard display. I don't know if the new GUI arrangement would offer a place for a little keyboard button for example, or maybe just some shortcut key to get to it?

Have to go test the new filters more, two more reasons to maybe not need any other eq for a daily use.

I do have one minor complain about the editing behavior which applies to v1 as well. Kinda hard to explain, so I'll show an example screencap below. You'll see three eq points, two above the zero dB line and one below. Now if you select all 3 points and then move the point below the zero line higher with a mouse, the 2 points above the line will move down and vice versa. This is what I expect to happen with this kind of selection and adjustment. However, if I keep the same eq points selected and use the Gain knob instead, the selected points will move to opposite directions only till they reach the zero line, then they will all move to the same direction. I think the behavior should be the same as when moving with a mouse? Certainly not a major deal for me, just something I've noticed.
Thank you very much for the nice feedback and for reporting the issue with the multi-band selection. That's definitely a peculiar behaviour and I'll look into that!

Best,
Stian

funkot wrote:Great upgrade, thx Stian :tu:

Thanks for the nice feedback and reporting your findings! The solo band issue is rather critical and we'll get it fixed ASAP.

Best,
Stian

Here is a feature I would like to see implemented:

The ability to jump from one EQ node to the next with a previous/next function assigned to buttons on my MIDI controller and thus being able to edit the nodes with only the same rotary knobs, no need for a mouse. As long as there is the option of having the parameters (Frequency, Q, Gain, etc) redirected to the same CC.

A much faster and comfortable workflow. My carpal tunnel would be grateful :)

The competition does not have this feature. Yet.

Get one step ahead :)

Regards,
Michel

stian wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:56 am
funkot wrote:Great upgrade, thx Stian :tu:

Thanks for the nice feedback and reporting your findings! The solo band issue is rather critical and we'll get it fixed ASAP.

Best,
Stian
Was coming to report this issue but looks all in hand!

A suggestion instead :)

For solo mode the best implementation I`ve used is right-click and dragging a node in Pro-E-Max (as opposed to Equalize 2, Ctrl + drag). Makes things super quick and comfortable!

Maybe it could be made a preference? It`s a simple thing but really works.

The solo mode issue and the multiple band scaling issues should both be solved in version 2.0.2: Best,
Stian

Hi Michel,
mvillemaire wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:02 pm The ability to jump from one EQ node to the next with a previous/next function assigned to buttons on my MIDI controller and thus being able to edit the nodes with only the same rotary knobs, no need for a mouse. As long as there is the option of having the parameters (Frequency, Q, Gain, etc) redirected to the same CC.
Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, MIDI controller support in general would be very nice. I've added the request to our issue tracking system. I can't promise anything regarding the time frame, though.

Best,
Stian

4tune wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:15 pm For solo mode the best implementation I`ve used is right-click and dragging a node in Pro-E-Max (as opposed to Equalize 2, Ctrl + drag). Makes things super quick and comfortable!

This should be straight forward to add and I've created an entry for this in our tracking system. The right button doesn't do anything special now anyway, so I don't think we even need to have it in the preferences -- it can simply be two different ways to achieve the same.

Best,
Stian

Thanks for the fast update Stian. At least on my end the solo mode and multi-band scaling issues are indeed solved in version 2.0.2.

So far so good on the Soloing here too!
stian wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:45 am
4tune wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:15 pm For solo mode the best implementation I`ve used is right-click and dragging a node in Pro-E-Max (as opposed to Equalize 2, Ctrl + drag). Makes things super quick and comfortable!

This should be straight forward to add and I've created an entry for this in our tracking system. The right button doesn't do anything special now anyway, so I don't think we even need to have it in the preferences -- it can simply be two different ways to achieve the same.

Best,
Stian
That sounds great Stian!

Another nice side effect of this will be that you will be less likely to accidently make multiple node selections when moving from one node to another and soloing.

i.e. the order that you press Ctrl relative to left-clicking the next node matters currently.

Cheers!

subterfuge wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:30 pm Thanks for the fast update Stian. At least on my end the solo mode and multi-band scaling issues are indeed solved in version 2.0.2.
Thanks for the feedback! Good to hear that it's working as it should now.

Best,
Stian

4tune wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm Another nice side effect of this will be that you will be less likely to accidently make multiple node selections when moving from one node to another and soloing.

i.e. the order that you press Ctrl relative to left-clicking the next node matters currently.
Good point, indeed!

Best,
Stian

Equalize 2.0.3 is now available and the right mouse button can be used to toggle solo mode: Change Log
  • Added: Solo mode when clicking and dragging with right mouse button
  • Fixed: Adding new bands with double click sometimes influence existing bands
Best,
Stian

Thanks Stian!

-RMB solo works nicely except for a small issue: it seems to get stuck very occasionally, so that when you release the mouse button it remains enabled for a short while after. The headphones icon seems to respond quickly and switches off but the filtered audio still remains for about a second. Not a major issue but just causes a double-take.
(Windows 7 64bit)

-Also another small feature improvement that came to mind. It could be nice to have the mouse-wheel work on the scaling selection boxes (left and right of the main analyzer window) and even the Analyzer 1 and 2 dropdowns.

cheers

Return to “Acon Digital”