Could this be a nice feature for Acoustica?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings Stian, and Acon afficianados, :) 8)

Just wanna throw an idea out here for ya, and perhaps Acoustica users who read here on the forum. Unless this has been talked about already! :hihi:

What if waveforms can be assigned certain colours, and those colours can be associated with certain attributes and specifications of that audio file...i.e. the bit rate, sampling rate, length...frankly several qualities that would be up to the user to specify.

So a white wave could be mean a standard CD quality file, and a green wave could mean 96 khz, 24 bit and so on. So if the user tagged stuff well, and were well organized they would know the qualities of a certain waveform display just by looking at it. So it would be like...modern computer technology! :hihi: :lol:

What do you think guys?

Hi!
Grizzellda wrote:Greetings Stian, and Acon afficianados, :) 8)

Just wanna throw an idea out here for ya, and perhaps Acoustica users who read here on the forum. Unless this has been talked about already! :hihi:

What if waveforms can be assigned certain colours, and those colours can be associated with certain attributes and specifications of that audio file...i.e. the bit rate, sampling rate, length...frankly several qualities that would be up to the user to specify.

So a white wave could be mean a standard CD quality file, and a green wave could mean 96 khz, 24 bit and so on. So if the user tagged stuff well, and were well organized they would know the qualities of a certain waveform display just by looking at it. So it would be like...modern computer technology! :hihi: :lol:

What do you think guys?
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm a bit concerned about the aesthetics and readability if the colours were to be chosen by such an algorithm. It would be possible to link one parameter to e.g. the hue, but if several parameters are combined, I guess some combinations would generate very low contrast.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”