Acoustica 7.0.56 - new user question

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just started using version 7 today. I noticed that the program doesn't open with the files that were open the last time the program closed. Why is that? Sound Forge, on which Acoustica seemed very closely modeled years ago when I first came across it, always opens exactly as it closed, which I think is very convenient.

Is there a specific reason not to do this? (I notice WaveLab doesn't restore sessions, either.) Could there be an option to allow it?

Stian??

Hi!
MagMusic wrote:I just started using version 7 today. I noticed that the program doesn't open with the files that were open the last time the program closed. Why is that? Sound Forge, on which Acoustica seemed very closely modeled years ago when I first came across it, always opens exactly as it closed, which I think is very convenient.

Is there a specific reason not to do this? (I notice WaveLab doesn't restore sessions, either.) Could there be an option to allow it?
I'm sorry for the delay due to vacations. I'm personally not very fond of programs that automatically reopen the last files, but we could definitely add this as an option. Also on the 'to do' list is support for workspace files that contain the list of open files, processing chain content, etc. so that you can save the workspace state. When that's implemented, it's merely a matter of saving the workspace file on exit and reloading it when restarting if the persistent workspace option is set. I'm afraid that we won't get this into the upcoming v7.1, though.

Best,
Stian

Stian, thanks for your reply. Either option would work well for me. I hope you consider implementing either of them, and I understand it won't be in the next planned version.

I very much like the new GUI. (Sound Forge really could use a facelift, if nothing else.) I look forward to what you have in store for Acoustica.

Return to “Acon Digital”