DeFilter: is it possible to make real IR?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I understand that the saved filters from DeFilters are not "real" standard Impulse Response (IR) files; I mean: if I understand correctly, they are not in a soundfile standard format (like WAV or AIF) and cannot be used, for example, in a convolution reverb or similar software. Am I right? (Edit: yes, I am, I checked the demo, now.)
So, how could I make an ordinary IR from them? Just by applying the same settings on a white noise or pink noise, for example, and then saving the resulting soundfile?

Hi!
XComposer wrote:I understand that the saved filters from DeFilters are not "real" standard Impulse Response (IR) files; I mean: if I understand correctly, they are not in a soundfile standard format (like WAV or AIF) and cannot be used, for example, in a convolution reverb or similar software. Am I right? (Edit: yes, I am, I checked the demo, now.)
So, how could I make an ordinary IR from them? Just by applying the same settings on a white noise or pink noise, for example, and then saving the resulting soundfile?
Unfortunately, there's no IR export option build into DeFilter, but you can use a file with a single Dirac impulse and save the results after processing with DeFilter. Here's a link to an impulse file you can use: https://acondigital.com/audio/dirac_m.flac

Best,
Stian

Thank you very much, this gives me some interesting additional possibilities!

great to know, as i thought only zynaptiq unfilter could do that!

thanks for the question and reply!

Return to “Acon Digital”