Acoustica Premium 7.0.56 - Time Stretch / Select All

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.56, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

For me, a common operation in Acoustica is to time-stretch an audio file, usually the whole file.

When the file is opened and I go to Effects > Time Stretch, the file is automatically Selected All. If I apply the time-stretch operation (with new duration > 100%), after it is done the waveform window continues to show the same time view as before, that, is, the maximum time is the original duration of the file. Then, if I request a View All Horizontally zoom, the time-stretched file is completely shown, but it is all-selected only for the original duration of the file, not for the whole time-stretched duration. Now, If I wish to modify the volume level of the whole time-stretched file, I have to do a Select All (or Control A) again, so that the whole file can be operated on. Two operations are required to see completely the time-stretched file in an all-selected way: View All zoom and Select All.

I would like to ask: (1) Is there any special reason for this behaviour of the Time Stretch module, which, after an operation on an all-selected whole file, does not show an all-selected view of the whole time-stretched file? (2) Couldn't the Time Stretch module be modified, so that, if it operates on an all-selected whole file, at the end the user would have a complete and all-selected waveform view of the time-stretched file?

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:For me, a common operation in Acoustica is to time-stretch an audio file, usually the whole file.

When the file is opened and I go to Effects > Time Stretch, the file is automatically Selected All. If I apply the time-stretch operation (with new duration > 100%), after it is done the waveform window continues to show the same time view as before, that, is, the maximum time is the original duration of the file. Then, if I request a View All Horizontally zoom, the time-stretched file is completely shown, but it is all-selected only for the original duration of the file, not for the whole time-stretched duration. Now, If I wish to modify the volume level of the whole time-stretched file, I have to do a Select All (or Control A) again, so that the whole file can be operated on. Two operations are required to see completely the time-stretched file in an all-selected way: View All zoom and Select All.

I would like to ask: (1) Is there any special reason for this behaviour of the Time Stretch module, which, after an operation on an all-selected whole file, does not show an all-selected view of the whole time-stretched file? (2) Couldn't the Time Stretch module be modified, so that, if it operates on an all-selected whole file, at the end the user would have a complete and all-selected waveform view of the time-stretched file?
Thanks for the feedback. Your right, it would be preferable if the selection were extended according to the stretch factor. This will in fact be changed in the upcoming version 7.1.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”