Acoustica Premium 7.0.56 - Error: i/o buffers

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.56, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Sometimes, after creating some signal through the 'Insert from Signal Generator' and then pressing the Play button, I get an error message (please see the picture below) and no playing at all. What could be the reason for that error? It has happened always in relation with the Signal Generator. This time this happened after I chose an audio format of 96 KHz / stereo, but if I remember well this happened also with other choices for the audio format.

Regards,

Paulo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Sometimes, after creating some signal through the 'Insert from Signal Generator' and then pressing the Play button, I get an error message (please see the picture below) and no playing at all. What could be the reason for that error? It has happened always in relation with the Signal Generator. This time this happened after I chose an audio format of 96 KHz / stereo, but if I remember well this happened also with other choices for the audio format.
Strange, I've never seem that error message before. The message originates from the JUCE audio I/O code and I'd have take a look at the source code for a definite answer. Did you experience this using the ASIO driver model?

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian, yes, this error happened while using the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver. This happened a few times, not just once. As far as I remember, when this kind of error occurred, I just closed the audio file and created a new one, and then the signal generator worked fine. I was just doing some experiments with different kinds of audio signal and their spectra, this is why I could easily close an audio file and create a new one - no important real audio files were involved here.

I am not sure (I am not able to reproduce the error at this moment), but maybe the errors have usually happened when attempting to generate relatively long signals (noise, or sweeps), signals about 200 s long, not short signals of around 5 s.

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Mr. Stian, yes, this error happened while using the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO driver. This happened a few times, not just once. As far as I remember, when this kind of error occurred, I just closed the audio file and created a new one, and then the signal generator worked fine. I was just doing some experiments with different kinds of audio signal and their spectra, this is why I could easily close an audio file and create a new one - no important real audio files were involved here.

I am not sure (I am not able to reproduce the error at this moment), but maybe the errors have usually happened when attempting to generate relatively long signals (noise, or sweeps), signals about 200 s long, not short signals of around 5 s.
Thanks for the additional information. I don't think the length can be related, since that isn't relevant to the audio I/O engine. It seems somehow related to re-initializing the audio output which happens every time the sample rate is changed. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it here.

Best,
Stian

I just purchased and am having problems with my audio device as well

Focusrite 18i20
Kevin L

Hi Kevin,
splinetime wrote:I just purchased and am having problems with my audio device as well

Focusrite 18i20
Kevin L
Thanks for your purchase! If you are using 64 bit ASIO drivers from Focusrite, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. Some older drivers had an error that caused the 64 bit version of Acoustica to crash.

Best,
Stian

I do have the most recent

splinetime wrote:I do have the most recent
Ok, thanks. Please submit a support ticket and we'll try to help as good as we can.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”