Will Acoustica 7 have effects automation?

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Acoustica looks great but I don't see anything about automation in the description or feature list, so I guess not. Would be really hand for sound design purposes!

Soarer wrote:Acoustica looks great but I don't see anything about automation in the description or feature list, so I guess not. Would be really hand for sound design purposes!
Thanks! I agree. Automation will not be available when released, but it's one of the first features that we plan to add after release and will probably be in v7.1.

Best,
Stian

Great! Looking forward to try it.
Hope it'll have as fast a workflow as you mention.
Can you set your own shortcuts to open a specific effect?

Soarer wrote:Great! Looking forward to try it.
Hope it'll have as fast a workflow as you mention.
Can you set your own shortcuts to open a specific effect?
For the internal effects, yes (although currently not ready, but it will be there in the final release)... Plug-ins are a bit trickier since they are dynamic, but I can add that to our feature request list of you wish.

Best,
Stian

Oh yes, I consider that to be essential. With my current Audio Editor I have set all my favorite plugins to open with the press of the Num keys and other shortcuts and they open instantly, I adjust the settings, and hit enter and the file is processed like that. If I open a wrong plugin I can close it on Esc key. That way I can work very fast with less effort and process a lot of audio files in one session. Also if I need to undo something and close the plugin it still keeps the previous setting, which again saves a lot of time. However there are certain things, like the ones I mention here that this program lacks so I'm still looking for better options.

Don't know if you already have it but I'd really love to have a tempo grid for making loops and adjusting correct loop length, pretty much like it is in Ableton Live. Live just doesn't work at all as a fast Audio Editor.
And having global tempo would be great too for effects that use synced modulation.

Soarer wrote:Oh yes, I consider that to be essential. With my current Audio Editor I have set all my favorite plugins to open with the press of the Num keys and other shortcuts and they open instantly, I adjust the settings, and hit enter and the file is processed like that. If I open a wrong plugin I can close it on Esc key. That way I can work very fast with less effort and process a lot of audio files in one session. Also if I need to undo something and close the plugin it still keeps the previous setting, which again saves a lot of time. However there are certain things, like the ones I mention here that this program lacks so I'm still looking for better options.

Don't know if you already have it but I'd really love to have a tempo grid for making loops and adjusting correct loop length, pretty much like it is in Ableton Live. Live just doesn't work at all as a fast Audio Editor.
And having global tempo would be great too for effects that use synced modulation.
Acoustica 6 already has snapping to beats (or fractions thereof) and we'll get that into version 7 prior to the final release... :)

Best,
Stian

Old thread, I know, but I am on the fence seriously considering Acoustica 7 and I have a couple of questions:

Has plugin automation been implemented?

Also, is there a simple command to make a stereo file a mono one in the edit window?

Thanks!

paveloso wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm Old thread, I know, but I am on the fence seriously considering Acoustica 7 and I have a couple of questions:

Has plugin automation been implemented?

Also, is there a simple command to make a stereo file a mono one in the edit window?

Thanks!
Thanks for the interest! Plug-in automation hasn't been implemented, but it's on the roadmap for version 7 so it will be free for 7.x customers. You can use Tools > Convert Sample Format... to convert a stereo file to mono.

Best,
Stian

Thanks for your reply, Stian!
Will keep an eye on this.
Cheers!

Just coming back to audio editing after a couple years away. It doesn't appear that Acon Acoustica has added effects automation, unless I missed it. Is it still something in the works, and if so is it expected in the nearer term, or is it not so close?

I believe 7.5 will feature improved multrack functionality. Hopefully automation will be included ;)

I'm sorry that this has taken so long. We won't get this into the upcoming version 7.4, but hope to have get it into 7.5. We plan for both automation support both in the clip editor and in multitrack sessions.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:43 pm I'm sorry that this has taken so long. We won't get this into the upcoming version 7.4, but hope to have get it into 7.5. We plan for both automation support both in the clip editor and in multitrack sessions.

Best,
Stian
It's great to hear we will get at least two minor updates with the V7 license before the update costs for V8 will come. Thanks for the fantastic software.

Thank you for the update and the transparency. Understandably, development timelines are malleable, but it's helpful to understand where the priorities are.

So, what about automation?
I'm thinking to purchase standalone audio editor for my mac, but it seems there is no editors with automation. And it's very strange...
Yes, I can do it in my Logic Pro X. But this is a rather heavy program for such a simple operation.
I also remembered about old school Sound Forge. But it works very bad on macOS.
Free SFX, Music and Intro Music Downloads with Creative Commons License.

Return to “Acon Digital”