Troubleshooting VST Plugins

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When a plugin isn't being recognized in Acoustica, is there any way to troubleshoot it?

I'm trying to get ADSR Sample Manager to show up in Acoustica (which would be life changing). This is a free plugin (VST2 and 3) from ADSR, and it shows up fine in my DAW (REAPER), but Acoustica seems not to recognize it at all. I don't even get a message about it looking like a VST, but not one that Acoustica knows how to load.

I thought that perhaps ADSR didn't have a developer tag, and so Acoustica isn't sure how to organize it. But REAPER sees the developer tag just fine.

I'm really asking a general question, though. When a plugin doesn't show up in Acoustica, is there anything the user can do about it? Permissions, for example?

Hi!
sramsay wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm When a plugin isn't being recognized in Acoustica, is there any way to troubleshoot it?

I'm trying to get ADSR Sample Manager to show up in Acoustica (which would be life changing). This is a free plugin (VST2 and 3) from ADSR, and it shows up fine in my DAW (REAPER), but Acoustica seems not to recognize it at all. I don't even get a message about it looking like a VST, but not one that Acoustica knows how to load.

I thought that perhaps ADSR didn't have a developer tag, and so Acoustica isn't sure how to organize it. But REAPER sees the developer tag just fine.

I'm really asking a general question, though. When a plugin doesn't show up in Acoustica, is there anything the user can do about it? Permissions, for example?
Unfortunately, there's no log at the time being. However, we are aware of a couple of plug-ins that aren't loaded and it would be good for us as well to have a log to look into. I'll see how we can get this implemented.

Best,
Stian

If you do implement logging, Stian, please make it user accessible. A lot of us can probably sort out what's going on locally without having to bug you with bug reports. ;)

sramsay wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 am If you do implement logging, Stian, please make it user accessible. A lot of us can probably sort out what's going on locally without having to bug you with bug reports. ;)
Yes, that would indeed make sense. :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”