How unload unused samples and programs?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just started using this seriously,after playing with it on and off, and I plan on using it for gigs... and I've read the manual...but after I audition several sounds (usually sf2 or sfz) and choose one, I'm left with tons of samples and programs that I don't need. I've tried deleting the programs using the "x" in the Program Slot, and I've tried clearing the bank. Yet every time I open my host Cantabile 3) all those programs re-load. So what's the best way to manage programs and use this in a live setting? Any tips or tricks?

Example: There a general midi SF2 called Merlin, with about 127 programs within the 1 SF2 file. I only want to layer 2 programs. Can you please walk me through the best way to do this so that only the 2 programs I need are loading each time? Thanks!

If you delete a program, it is removed from the bank. Not sure why you got it reloaded.
However, quickest way to sanitize a bank is to use "delete unused" from the bank menu (top). This will clear out anything not reachable from the active performance.
Also, pro tip: TX allows you to pre-load (preview) programs, including whole sfz:s and sf2 presets before actually loading them. A quick way to avoid loading stuff you did not really want in the first place.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”