Can't read XML Data

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to revisit an old project for a client and this is really really bad. Any time I try to load ANYTHING I get 1-2 errors ("Could not read XML data 16:34 - Equal expected" for example). When TX16wx loads there is nothing there. I then reload the bank but I'm having issues there too. For example if I tuned a sample up a couple semitones in a matrix it is back to 0, AND even if I try and change it, it doesn't do anything.

I just tried loading another bank and received a "buffer overflow" error if that is relevant.

There was a regression in saving DAW chunks in an earlier build of TXv3. This can lead to corrupted XML data. This is really bad and cannot easily be recovered from. The latest build of TX (3.1.1c ​5344.604) should at least alleviate some of the problem by allowing you to load more of the broken data instead of just dismissing the whole bank.
This might not be enough though. You can send me the project and I will see if there is more that can be done to recover data.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

So, I just tried loading a few banks and here is what I found. When I loaded the bank in question I was doing so through a REAPER template. When I loaded it manually from scratch, I did not receive an XML error, although it still didn't remember my cell shift data. It did, however, allow me to change them. For a moment I thought, "Hmm, I guess I'll just adjust them again."

Thing is, I also decided to try some of my other banks that I've used for gigs and while a few of them work, a bunch of them don't. One just doesn't load at all--no errors, nothing. One has all the sounds setup the way I had them, but the velocity levels are all messed up, or a sample just doesn't play (despite seeing the playback line move in the wave editor). Another gives me a "Error could not load file: ///D:/Samples/My%20Banks" and does not load anything at all.

I don't know if any of this helps, but if not, do you you want all of my broken banks? Would it work if I gave them to you without the .wavs? It'd be a big hassle tracking down all the samples that go with them.

Actually, first I'd like you to make sure you have build 3.1.1c ​5344.604. It _should_ fix the reading issues. However, if they still remain you might have actually corrupted banks. In that case, pick one (+ samples - so maybe the smallest one?) and send to me. I will investigate.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Yes, I have 3.1.1c 5344 604.

I'll post a link for the bank once I get a moment to. Thanks

I am having the same problem,even on newly created performances.Win 10,Reaper 5.983,Tx 3.1.1c

Return to “CWITEC”