Copy and paste between groups?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using groups alot to get round robin variations in my sampled basses, gutars, etc.
Is there a way to copy and paste between the different groups?

Now I have to drag and drop samples and define root keys everytime I make a new group or make some changes to existing samples. It's pretty tedious and time consuming. It would be great to be able to just select the samples I want to copy from one group and paste it/them over to another group.

It also would be great to be able to replace samples with existing samples without having to define root keys everytime.

Is this possible?
Chris

Select regions. Ctrl-C. Got to different group. Ctrl-V.
You can also drag the regions from the region list into the new group (in group list). Hold Ctrl when dropping to make copies instead of moving them.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:46 am Select regions. Ctrl-C. Got to different group. Ctrl-V.
You can also drag the regions from the region list into the new group (in group list). Hold Ctrl when dropping to make copies instead of moving them.

I wonder if this is the best way to do round robin in TX16w or is there a better way to do it?
Chris

Technically, if you do round-robin I assume the idea is to use different samples for different RR-conditions. So technically, copying groups is sort of pointless, other than maybe to have a layout template.
If your samples have either proper root info, or naming that can be parsed, mapping each sample set either by drag-and-drop or via the token based mapper is probably easier.

Note though that you can just drag samples from the file browser into an existing region, so if you need to re-use mapping, doing the copy-paste above, and the just drag each sample into each region (either in mapper or list) might be fast enough.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”