Moving from Windows to MacOS

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey tx16wx users and elcallio (believe I posted before to the forum but I was either drunk or in a fit of rage and forgot completely what the issue I had was)

Anyhow, I've been using the sampler as a go-to with an old tr-505 as a midi controller on Windows. I'm switching to a mac because my old computer is a mess but I'm having trouble just getting the sampler to launch in Ardour on OS X.

I'm attaching the error report in OS X for more information. I've tried beta versions and legacy versions to no avail, but I really need to use the latest edition of the sampler because I had been using a pro license in Windows with the extra bells and whistles.

Running Ardour on Sierra 10.12.6, computer is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013).

Any help greatly appreciated, I would rather not have to sell this new computer.

(linking via wetransfer as I couldnt attach the report)

EDIT: Just adding a bit more info.

It's actually crashing Ardour when the plugin is scanned. Then Ardour blacklists it because it wont launch.

I'm using a 64bit system. Have not had any issues with any of the other plugins which I redownloaded when moving to Mac.

From the crash it would seem that either.
a.) OSX 10.12 has a broken libc++
b.) You are running a locale that makes libc++ do strange things (there are reported bugs)
c.) Ardour does something weird with said locale

What is your language settings? (I.e. in terminal, what does "echo $LANG" say?)

In any case, I did a new build of the 3.1 beta that might fix the issue, and hopefully not break it instead for all others. Please try it.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I 100% use a weird locale and language setup. I'm using Irish as the default language, plus I have the locale set to Ireland. I'm pretty sure MacOS doesn't offer full support for Irish regardless. Let me try the build anyway and report back but I really appreciate your quick reply and being able to decipher that error report - that's half the battle won!

That build works perfectly!

I may just change the locale and language settings to the default to avoid this in future. echo $LANG is returning a blank response. Would you recommend reinstalling MacOS or just changing the locale settings?

You should not have to do that. Afaik this is a bug in some versions of standard c++ library. Potentially, upgrading OSX to 10.14 or so should fix that. Let's hope the fix I did works for everybody, since it was a simple workaround.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

No worries, thanks again for the assist.

One small issue is that I don't seem to be able to use my activation code for the pro version (I bought a new code for use with the Mac so it should be fresh).

What error message do you get?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

I think it was user error all along, probably inputted the code incorrectly. All good!

Return to “CWITEC”