Are .reapeaks files safe to delete?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I decided to relocate the path for .reapeaks files as I don't like to have them created among my samples and now I have a dedicated folder just for them. My question is: What do they contain and are the safe do delete? If I delete this folder once in a while, will my sessions with TX16Wx become corrupted? Will the samples in them be altered if pitch, adsr etc. have been changed? Thank you.

I'm guessing you have Reaper installed too: .reapeaks are 'Reaper Peak Files'. They contain the pre-calculated view of the waveform when you drag a sample a sample onto the Reaper timeline - They're safe to delete though it'll mean Reaper will have to re-draw/calculate that waveform if you want to use the sample again in Reaper (only takes a few seconds, though can add up if you've a project with lots of samples that need re-creating!)

TX16Wx also uses the same format to generate peak displays for samples you load in it.

Thank you for your responses. I do not have Reaper, I use Pro Tools, TX16Wx creates those files whenever I import samples. Good to know that they can be safely removed, not that I care about a few extra kilobytes, I just don't want to have yet another folder on which my sessions depend and removal/relocation of which will screw them up.

Return to “CWITEC”