Problem With Polyphony

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using the tx16wx sampler for at least a year as a dedicated sampler in Ardour on Windows 10. Lately, the sampler has been giving me a hard time and refusing to play different regions in polyphony.

I believe the problem started when I upgraded to version 3 a few months ago but I'm certain I have been able to get it to work in version 3 in the past. I mainly use the sampler for two things, to map .wav drum sounds to different regions and then play them using MIDI in Ardour, or to map single sounds to the entire range of the sampler and play them (the latter works without issue).

When using the drum sounds however, with each part of the kit mapped to a different region, MIDI notes that are held (i.e. a long sub kick) will choke any short percussive hits layered on top of this sound. This happens even when my samples are set to draft quality. I have a decent computer (3.1 Ghz i7, 8gb DDR4 RAM, running Ardour off an SSD), and I don't think processing power is the issue.

If someone could please lend me a hand here I'd really appreciate it. There are definitely people out there with a much better handle on troubleshooting this than me! :pray:

Edit: I forgot to add, the sampler works fine when Ardour is restarted, but restarting it everytime i want to add a drum kit hampers workflow.

I cannot repro this. Can you send the program + samples that cause this?
Also:
1.) Are you running the latest build? There was a modulation regression in recent versions that could cause note drop-outs for some setups.
2.) Did you accidentally set the group to mono/legato or set a choke group? This will kill any other notes playing when triggering new.
3.) Did you maybe set a poly limit in the program slot? This will kill any voices exceeding the allotted count.
4.) What does the poly counter say? Are notes playing but silent or are they in fact choked?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”