how can I remove default reverb/extra effect from a sample in TX16?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone together,

How can I remove the default reverb / extra effect from a sample in TX16Wx?
When I load an audio sample to a key it sounds not as the original sample?

I tried to change something (Decay,Attack, Release etc.) via the "Sounds" menu, but unfortunately without success. Then the reverb is kind of gone, but the sample sounds totally choppy.

How can I make it sound like the original state with no effects?

Thank you in advance,
Lg Marlon

There is no "default reverb" in TX16Wx. There are absolutely no effects, or even real sound shaping, applied to any sample when just default loaded/mapped.
What is the sample you mapped? How did you map it?
For comparison, I'd suggest just browsing to the sample on disk using the file browser, select the file and press the preview play button. Does this play "wrong"?
Then just drag this file into the empty slot area (right side) to create a slot+program+mapping. Does the sample play back ok at its root key here?

Seriously, TX16Wx applies zero effects/shaping/tweaks when initially mapping anything. If you are having issues like you describe you need to explain much more in detail how you managed to get to there.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hi elcallio,

Thanks so much for your quick answer.
Oh - you're absolutely right. After you
eplained fully convinced that TX16Wx has not default effects, - I checked my samples and embarrassingly enough I found out that the samples from the Claves Wood (Instrument) already had the reverb effect on it. The samples where originally loaded in a music app (Patterning 2) where within the preview-menu, the samples sound normal. However, in another menu where the samples were loaded, the reverb effect was still on. Thus, the samples were exported with effect without me knowing.

Many, many thanks (*little embarrassed*) :-)
Marlon

Return to “CWITEC”