Strange behavior with looping

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all! I'm greatly enjoying Tx16wx and it's been nostalgic given my experience with samplers from the 90's.

One thing that has happened that's weird is that after I assign a loop and tweak the loop points; after about 2-3 minutes or so of playing notes to find a good loop point, the polyphony drops to the point that I can only play 1 or 2 notes.

Next to slot V (indicating voices) I see 0 voices, so I know it's not a limitation there. If I remove the tx16wx plugin and reload, it plays normally again. The issue returns when I play with the loops points for a few minutes, so annoying enough I need to keep saving and reloading tx16wx to perfect my loop points. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or this is related to DFD and RAM modes. Any insight would be appreciated.

I should mention that I am using Bandlab Cakewalk on a new PC running Windows 10 that has M.2 SSD for storage.

By "slot V", do you mean the voice indicator at the top, next to the CPU meter? The voice
What does the CPU meter say?

It sounds like you might have a sample/loop points that cause inefficient DFD behaviour (typically many short reads or similar). Are you using a cross-fade loop?
Did you try switching the sample to RAM mode? Does this make a difference?
Can you provide the program+samples that cause the slowdown?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

By "slot V", do you mean the voice indicator at the top, next to the CPU meter? The voice
What does the CPU meter say?
Yes, the voice meter. The CPU is probably around 10-11% and the VST itself is not hanging.
It sounds like you might have a sample/loop points that cause inefficient DFD behaviour (typically many short reads or similar). Are you using a cross-fade loop? Did you try switching the sample to RAM mode? Does this make a difference?
I have no crossfade, just one loop assigned. I was looking over a few posts and noted that DFD disallows realtime loop manipulation. I'm going to double-check that it's in RAM mode when I get home, maybe it's as simple as that :)
Can you provide the program+samples that cause the slowdown?
I certainly can. I'm going to try making sure all the samples are in RAM mode and I'll see if the issue goes away. If it doesn't, I'll provide an example program.

Hello again -

I used only RAM mode this time around and had no troubles.

My assumption is that my issues were causing by a misunderstanding of how looping works in DFD mode compared to RAM mode. This coupled with some possible weird settings from importing EXS probably resulted in the strange behavior.

If it happens again I am more familiar with the settings that I can check what is going on.

Return to “CWITEC”