TX16wx - Why are my program slots linked? Any ideas where I'd find good tutorials?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been using an old version from many years ago, just updated to the new 3.0.17a. I can create program slots, drag samples in, etc. But I'm trying to create a layered sound of two separate samples. Yet, everything I do to one program slot changes the other... they're linked, as if they're the same slot. So how can I have one slot with one sample and another with a different sample? I created the new slot by right clicking in the bottom. Tried several things but nothing seems to work.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to trigger a sample with a midi cc or pgm change command.
Last, there's a lot to learn/re-learn on this, I read the manual (twice), watched a few (not very good) videos, but I still need a lot more info. Any ideas on where to find good, in-depth tutorials, either written or video? Thanks!

A program slot is just a "holder" of a program. If the same program is in two slots, any edits will show in both slots. You need to duplicate or create a new program for the new slot. Typical workflow is "drag samples into empty area to create new slot, new program and new mapping".

You cannot trigger samples via program change or MIDI CC. That is not what those are for. Use your MIDI note ons.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Many thanks for the reply. Hmmm... I created 2 slots, named them 1 and 2, saved them as such. Dragged a sample in 1, played with it a bit, it worked fine. Then I created a 2nd slot, and dragged a different sample in slot 2. But as soon as I drag sample 2 in, sample 1 changes to sample 2. I need to look at it again... Oh, I get it... I think what you're saying is don't create a 2nd slot, just drag the 2nd sample in the empty area under the first slot... that will create a new slot etc, as you said. I'll give that a shot.
Thanks!

It worked, thanks. Any ideas on a good tutorial for this version? I've been working with midi, vsti's, samplers etc since they first came out, and yet I find this very confusing. Thanks!

Return to “CWITEC”