Help needed!

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have used the Tx16wx for many years now and think it´s super, and I´ve been very happy with it!

Today It did not respond anymore to my midi piano. I have the same setup as I always had, and all my other vsti:s works normally.

What happens is that the Tx16wx refuses to load my samples, and if it loads my samples it doesn´t respond when I press the keys on my midi piano. I can see my samples being loaded in Tx16wx, and I can also listen to the samples if I press the piano roll in Tx16wx, but no response when I press my keys on the midi piano.

Some midi setup must have changed somehow in the Tx16wx, since all my other vsti:s are still functioning!

If there is anybody who can help me sorting this out, I would appreciate it very much!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden

Markus, you need to provide more details on what you changed. Did you update the TX somehow? Did you change any track presets or anything? In general, a plugin does not change behaviour beyond the normal settings, so that it would suddenly "refuses to load [my] samples" sounds very strange. What is the error? Any pop-up/log messages?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hi, elcallio!

Thanks for your reply!

I see that you are also from Sweden (?), but perhaps we should keep to english so that everyone can join in!

I will try to specify exactly what happens. I´ve got the free version of Tx16Wx which I downloaded in 2013 I think, and I haven´t updated it since (I don´t know how). My version is 2.4.2.4145. 1865 if that helps?

What happens is following (I use mixcraft 7):

1. I open a new project in mixcraft.
2. I chose my preferred vsti = Tx16Wx
3. A dialog box opens, where I can click on any of my own samples. In this case I click "female vocals".
4. A black box opens where I can see than my "female vocals" starts loading.
5. I click "Edit" and Tx16Wx opens its piano roll, where I can see my "female vocals" are loaded.
6. I press a key on my keyboard to play these vocals, but no sound, and the piano roll doesn´t indicate that I´m pressing down a key on my keyboard.
7. If I press a key on Tx16Wx piano roll with the mouse, It works and I can hear the vocals.

This has never happened before. I haven´t done any changes whatsoever to my setup and Tx16Wx worked a couple of months ago when I used it last time.

My other vsti:s workes normally! Should I update Tx16Wx? How do I do that?

Hmmm.... I just discovered that the samples I have loaded in Tx16Wx also refer to "Kontakt 5" for some reason? Could this be the problem?

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden

Hi, again!

This is a screen shot of the Tx16Wx where (in the upper left corner) it is referred to "Kontakt 5"!
https://snag.gy/yBQ0pr.jpg
M@rkus/
Sweden

M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm Hi, elcallio!

Thanks for your reply!

I see that you are also from Sweden (?), but perhaps we should keep to english so that everyone can join in!

I will try to specify exactly what happens. I´ve got the free version of Tx16Wx which I downloaded in 2013 I think, and I haven´t updated it since (I don´t know how). My version is 2.4.2.4145. 1865 if that helps?

3. A dialog box opens, where I can click on any of my own samples. In this case I click "female vocals".
There must be at least a few steps missing here, because an empty instance of TX16Wx will not open any dialogs.
M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm 4. A black box opens where I can see than my "female vocals" starts loading.
"black box"? Do you mean the "loading" dialog (which is not black, it is the same colour as the rest of the UI...
M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm 5. I click "Edit" and Tx16Wx opens its piano roll, where I can see my "female vocals" are loaded.
6. I press a key on my keyboard to play these vocals, but no sound, and the piano roll doesn´t indicate that I´m pressing down a key on my keyboard.
7. If I press a key on Tx16Wx piano roll with the mouse, It works and I can hear the vocals.
Sound like you simply have the wrong MIDI channel mapped (or no midi input at all - I have no idea how mixcraft works).
M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm
This has never happened before. I haven´t done any changes whatsoever to my setup and Tx16Wx worked a couple of months ago when I used it last time.

Technically, TX16Wx v2 is out of support, but there is no reason why it should not work.
Hmmm.... I just discovered that the samples I have loaded in Tx16Wx also refer to "Kontakt 5" for some reason? Could this be the problem?
Your screenshot just shows a sample in the file browser with a name containing "kontakt". It is afaict not even loaded, so irrelevant.
Best regards/
M@rkus
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:17 pm
M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm Hi, elcallio!

Thanks for your reply!

There must be at least a few steps missing here, because an empty instance of TX16Wx will not open any dialogs.
M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm 4. A black box opens where I can see than my "female vocals" starts loading.
"black box"? Do you mean the "loading" dialog (which is not black, it is the same colour as the rest of the UI...
M@rkus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm 5. I click "Edit" and Tx16Wx opens its piano roll, where I can see my "female vocals" are loaded.
Sound like you simply have the wrong MIDI channel mapped (or no midi input at all - I have no idea how mixcraft works).

Technically, TX16Wx v2 is out of support, but there is no reason why it should not work.
Your screenshot just shows a sample in the file browser with a name containing "kontakt". It is afaict not even loaded, so irrelevant.
Best regards/
M@rkus

Hi, elcallio!

Thanks very much for taking your time to help! Much appreciated!

Best regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden

Return to “CWITEC”