TX16Wx 3.0.16g released

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had some far-fetched use cases in mind, but honestly I cannot see anyone realistically playing that way so I will not even recite them. :-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

chrisdee wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 am I'm having major issues with 3.0.15 when inserting dverb and reverb fx1 and fx2.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.12 crashes and shutdown just after I try to open any session when I have one or more instances of TX16w with the above mentioned effects.

It seems to open fine again if I remove the TX16w built inn effects.

However when this happens it's impossible to open the PT session so I have to create a new session and import all tracks except the ones with TX16w with the effects on.

I'm running Windows 10 Home.
Verified. Nasty bug. Fixed in next build.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Any advice for multi-out issues in a DAW? Have run across a couple of situations where the audio outputs are either not visible in a DAW, or they are silent above output 1-2.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

That would depend on the DAW. And which plug-in format.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

For starters with TX16Wx (3.0.16b), how about Studio One Pro 4, using the VST3 format? The output channels above "Out 1" are visible in the DAW mixer, under Instruments, but when they are selected in the host and plugin they remain silent.

The VST2 plugin version appears to work fine in Studio One 4, with the first four outs being stereo, and the rest are mono.

Although in Studio One Pro 3 (v3.5.6), with VST2 and VST3, there are only 6 outs visible in the DAW. The plugin UI shows 12 outs, plus 6 FX outs. In the DAW, the first 4 outs are stereo, and the remaining 2 outs are mono in the DAW.

Another DAW I ran into the silent outputs issue with is Cakewalk Sonar Platinum 2017.10, and also the latest version of Cakewalk by BandLab 2019.01 (the revised/updated and currently re-released version Sonar Platinum). The TX16Wx outputs for VST2 are present in the DAW, but silent above Out 1, and the outputs above Out 1 are entirely missing from the DAW with the VST3 version of the plugin. Both editions of Cakewalk showed the same output channel results with TX16Wx (3.0.16b).

I’ve got an issue with silent multiouts after first stereo out.
My DAW is Cakewalk.
blah-blag-blah

Seems cakewalk has its own ideas on how the (undocumented) VstSpeakerArrangement struct works, as well as what the flags in VST3 bus info means. I've patched this to better handle the behaviour and now multi-out works fine for me in CW. New build will be posted soon.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Updated
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:47 amUpdated
Thanks! Will check it out!

Cakewalk by BandLab (and Cakewalk Sonar) now work with both VST2 & VST3 having 12 stereo outputs. All good now! :tu:

Studio One 4 Pro works with VST2 having outputs 1-4 stereo and 5-12 mono; VST3 having 12 stereo outputs, so all good with VST3!
Studio One 3 Pro works with VST2 having outputs 1-4 stereo and 5-6 mono; VST3 having 6 stereo outputs.

Thanks again for posting up a quick fix. Presonus still seems to have a few challenges with the VST2 in both versions of Studio One, but the VST3 outputs are fully usable with Studio One 4. :tu:

Thanks! That's great.
blah-blag-blah

Hi, I'm using TX16Wx 3.0.16d and it's wonderful, but for some reason I can't rename stuff - program names, group names etc. The manual says "Double click an item to rename it" but when I do it nothing happens. I'm on Win 10 Home with Live 9.77 Intro (64-bit).

PTV wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am Hi, I'm using TX16Wx 3.0.16d and it's wonderful, but for some reason I can't rename stuff - program names, group names etc. The manual says "Double click an item to rename it" but when I do it nothing happens. I'm on Win 10 Home with Live 9.77 Intro (64-bit).
I see the same thing with Ableton Live 9 and 10 Standard. All DAWs seem to handle keystrokes from the computer keyboard a bit differently.

Other DAWs that I use allow keystrokes/editing in text fields in TX16Wx, but not Live. I suspect Live is hijacking the keystrokes for its own use. When I double-click on a name, I can see the text field switch to edit mode, but then cannot send any keystrokes to it via the computer keyboard.

You could test this in the free Tracktion 7 DAW or the Reaper demo to see that it does work elsewhere.

I'm still running TX16Wx 3.0.16c, btw.

Live 10.1 is in beta now and will finally offer VST3 support in Live. Will check this again when I get my hands on the 10.1 release and try it with the VST3 version of TX16Wx.

zzz00m wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:28 pm When I double-click on a name, I can see the text field switch to edit mode, but then cannot send any keystrokes to it via the computer keyboard.

You could test this in the free Tracktion 7 DAW or the Reaper demo to see that it does work elsewhere.
Yes, exactly that. I now tried REAPER demo as you suggested and it's working there, but not in Live.

PTV wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:28 pm When I double-click on a name, I can see the text field switch to edit mode, but then cannot send any keystrokes to it via the computer keyboard.

Yes, exactly that. I now tried REAPER demo as you suggested and it's working there, but not in Live.
It's up to Live to pass the keystrokes on through to the plugin.

Return to “CWITEC”