Load Next Patch Feature/Disk streaming

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there!
Imagine you have a folder full of dozens of patches (simply sf2 files for example).

Is there any option to load the next patch by pressing a software or midi button? If I would have 200 different pianos sf2 files and if I want to find out, which patch fits the best I want to load the next (or previous) patch as fast as possible by clicking only one button.

Is this feature already implemented or could it be implemented? It makes totally sense while using disk streaming.

Thank you.

Use preview loading. Rightmost button in row where sample play button is in the file browser. Enable it, click the program selector for the slot you want to preview select in to activate it there, then simply click patches in the file browser (in this case it would be an SF2 preset) and it will be temporarily loaded into the slot replacing the current program.

Same applies to regions or matrix cells as well, but for samples.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

thx for the quick replay but this is not what i am looking for.

there is only one vst sampler which supports both: disk streaming and next patch function - and that is the very old vst samplelord.

it should be as simple as turning a wheel on a hardware rompler for selection the next patch.

it would be really great if you could implement this feature in the future release.

many many thanks!

How is pressing up/down on the keyboard (i.e. moving in the file browser) any more difficult than "turning a wheel"?
Sure, you have to enable the preview, but this is two clicks.
Also, since TX loads presets from various formats from either folders or sf2 files there is no clear definition of "next patch". Note that while disk streaming speeds up loading some, it isn't by any means a magic bullet. You are still much better of just selecting the file you might be interested in, instead of scrolling through everything.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

...but there is no option to map it to a midi knob...

Return to “CWITEC”