Strange bug in 3.0 won't let me load programs

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm having a strange behavior where when I just open and re-save a program in V3.0 I can't open that program again.

Rather than explaining it I just did a screen recording so you can see for yourself. Please take a look and let me know if you have any idea what is happening. Just FYI I'm on a 2015 13" Macbook Pro with 8GB RAM and am running OSX 10.11.6

Quick note: I didn't realize that in the video you can't hear the sound produced by the plugin when I play the keyboard but you can see the level meters move.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help. You can see the video here: https://youtu.be/vvhxxITqf9s

Just a quick follow up. Since the files are on dropbox I jumped over to my Windows 10 computer which also has V3.0 of TX16Wx just to do some more testing and these are the results:

Windows opens both files without problems. That is the original one and the one resaved by 3.0 on the Mac.
I went ahead and tried the same thing of resaving an old file with 3.0 on the Windows computer and I have no problem opening it again later.
Then I went back to the Mac and tried to open this new file which was created on Windows and again get the same error.

The conclusion so far is that this problem only happens on Mac when opening a file created by V3.0 of TX16Wx.

It is probably a libxml bug/behaviour difference on that particular OSX version. Looks like it has a problem accepting values according to the schema. Can you provide the file(s) that fail to load?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I have just attached both versions of the file that I show in the video but it happens with any program that I "save as" using TX 3.0

Your hypothesis sounds very logical to me since it works perfectly on Windows and nobody else seems to be having this problem.

For the moment I've just gone back to TX 2 but if you confirm that my version of OSX is the problem I will upgrade.

BTW a big thank you for such a great plugin, for letting people use it for free and for being there for users. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Upgraded OSX to 10.14.1 as elcallio suggested and the problem which I described in the video seems to be gone. Thanks.

Unfortunately a new problem has been introduced which I didn't have before, but I will start a new thread for that.

Return to “CWITEC”