GARAGEBAND - AUDIO UNIT PLUGIN CAN'T BE USED

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I guess Garageband/ or my OS updated without my knowledge overnight. 
I'm currently running HighSirerra, and have been basically since its release and have never experienced any problems until today.

I now upon opening TX16Wx receive this error message stating "AUDIO UNIT PLUGIN CAN'T BE USED - The audio unit TX16Wx SOFT could not be loaded for your project, and may need to be updated. Contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance."

I've downloaded TX16Wx again,  restarted my computer. No luck. 

I also tried a BETA version because it showed a more recent date than the other, No luck also. 

Has anyone else dealt with this lately? I have on-going projects that I was extremely close to finishing, that now just seem lost..Im generally pissed off. Ive dealt with this before when Garageband changed/elimated its built in sampler before, completely disrupting my known workflow.

I have grown to love TX16Wx, and use it on everything! ANYONE PLEASE!?

You are probably running into the changed audio unit validation on High Sierra. It is a known issue, but there will be a fixed build soon - I've just haven't had the time... And apparently now I will have to try to validate garageband as well...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I'm having the same HORRIBLE issue!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I've updated the beta build. Hopefully it should pass AU validation now.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

First of all, let me share how incredibly indispensable the TX16Wx sampler has been to my music making process. It really has expanded my approach and has become my "go to" sampler! It's simple, easy to use and I can load up to like a hundred samples in a user patch. It's just dope!

However, the new OSX Beta builds are still in conflict with the new GarageBand 10.3 update.

So I'm sending positive vibes your way in hopes that this will be resolved soon.

Thanks for your efforts,

Rock

From what I can tell, and what others write on the apple boards, this is an Apple issue. Apparently most third party plug-ins are rejected by Garageband 10.13. Doing some debugging, I can certainly say it does not even try to load TX16Wx. Might be Apple in its infinite lack of wisdom has decided all plug-ins henceforth must be AUv3? Or at least sandboxed.

I'd say there is very little I can do.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Elcallio,

I appreciate you making time to look into this, I have to agree with everything RockJackson said, TX16Wx is DOPE.

It does seem like its on Apples end, because even my Kontakt Plugin receives the same error. Guess we just have to wait for them to fix another mistake..

I have the same problem since last Garageband's update and I can tell you that All the external audio units are affected (Native instruments, Arturia etc...).
Contact apple support ! They must know that we are numerous if we want to see the problem solved !

Zede, I just contacted Apple Support to shed some more light on this issue.

Garageband Tech support is suppose to be calling me shortly. Not sure what to expect, but If I find anything new out I'll keep everyone posted.

They suppose to call me shortly too... I will tell you if they propose me something.

Garageband support seems to kinda point the finger at the developers of the plug-ins.

I was told they send out "notices" of the whatever updates they are making and the developers can act accordingly at that time. How much of this is true, I have no idea. I know this isn't what anyone wanted to hear.

He did point me to apple.com/feedback where I left a report that hopefully reaches developers of Garageband and they can make whatever updates need made.

I've looked into the workaround I found on other forms, using Sandbox, and was still unsuccessful.

Native Instruments says that the problem is coming from Apple and the last update of Garageband...

They published an update!!! We'll see!

IT WORKS!!!

Yes it works !!!!!

Return to “CWITEC”