TX16Wx and a large SF2 bank.

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
Can somebody please help me to understand if TX16Wx will work for what I want....
I have an SF2 bank which is quite large, 11GB. It consists of 15 SF2 files, with many instruments. I use it for playback of some (GM rule) MIDI stuff in proprietary program Varranger. The synth in Varranger is built in and not a vst and only works inside that program. In Varranger, you just drop all your SF2 files in single folder... and thats all...

Is it possible to load complete SF2 bank to TX16Wx so it works like a sound module in DAW for playing back and recording audio from MIDI tracks? The midi files have program / bank changes.....

I am new to this sort of thing, so if somebody can explain plainly, like to a 10 year old boy, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you in advance.

What is a SF2 bank? A sound font is a single, monolithic file. It does not generally compose into "banks". Do you mean you have a collection of SF2:s?

TX16Wx can load sound fonts (with varying results), both whole and partially (individual presets). However, loading a sound font might not set things up exactly as you would expect from a dedicated sound font player, esp. regarding channel mapping, program changes etc.

TX16Wx is a sampler, it loads sound font data (imperfectly) so you can tweak and make more interesting sounds yourself. It is not by a long shot a dedicated sound font player. I'd suggest you test it (since it is free, and has a written manual just begging to be consulted). But if you really want to play sound fonts as-is, you are probably better of with a dedicated plug-in such as Synthfont.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”