Only one instance saves it's samples to the project

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm noticing that a Reaper project I have is only saving the last instance of TW16W's samples to the project folder. It's quite easy to see what's going on by having the project folder window open next to the Reaper session. If I change the order of tracks, and save the project the TX16W folder contents changes to contain only the samples from the last TX16W instance ( on the bottom, highest numbered track ).

Any insight into fixing this problem would be very welcome.

I'm using the Reaper 5.91 on Mac OS 10.10.5 and using the latest version of TX16W 2.4.2g as a VST.

Sorry for the late answer. TX16Wx tries to clear out "obsolete" files in the folder, to prevent copies of the same waves, or worse, files removed from banks between project saves from piling up in the folder.
Different instances of TX16Wx are given ID:s, and waves should be saved in sub-folders according to this id, then subsequently cleaned by the same means.

This seems to work as designed for me on REAPER windows at least. I'll have to check if there is some OSX specific issue.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to test this again this week and try and get more details about what's going on. My hope is something in those details will help shine some light on why this is happening and lead to a solution.

Ok, after a bit more testing, it seems the problem is with the IDs. When I create multiple instances within a Reaper project they are all creating folders with the same name (ID). This means whichever one was last saved is the only on that remains as any previous folders are replaced.

I did get it to create two discrete folders once, but not being sure what I did differently, can't get it to do that again. The only change I think was that I was opening a test project from yesterday. What are you using to create the IDs ?

Please let me know if you'd like any more info or would like me to test a specific scenario. I'm keen to find a way to solve this and am happy to help however I can.

Ah. I think the problem is that you are not creating new instances of TX16Wx, but using a track template or similar, right? In this case, REAPER most likely includes an empty bank chunk which it uses to initialize TX. This chunk contains the ID used for the instance, so that when loading an existing project, the plug-ins retain their ID:s between sessions. Of course, in this case it backfires splendidly.

Not sure how to approach this... Could of course ignore ID if the bank generated is empty, but then the problem is just moved to when you create a template with some initial content...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I'm not using a track template, but your suggestion got me thinking and I remembered I use a user preset as the default when the plug-in loads. Once I stopped doing this, the problem is solved and each new instance creates a unique ID and associated folder for the samples. Great news !

To be honest, this is fine. My user default deviated marginally from the default TX16W settings so no biggie.

Thanks for your help working this out. Much appreciated.

Return to “CWITEC”