V3 Teaser

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is about time you guys got some teaser pics. Here are two screenshots of TXv3 alpha.

Image Image

At some point soon there will be a closed beta. The plan is to have the trusty regulars of this forum get first taste of the new meat.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Oh, interesting !
I'm glad to see some new things are cooking in the labs :D

GUI is really clear, no blurry icons anymore! :)

One thing I'd suggest modifying is removing that faux shading on the virtual keyboard in the mapping area. Just doesn't seem to go well with the rest of the GUI. Also, duplicated icons in top left seem confusing. Otherwise, pretty spiffy!

Looks much cleaner and better. Black keys and knobs look weird. Good luck.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Yeah it's like - majority of the GUI is flat, but faux perspective on VKB and knobs is detracting from it...

So glad this gets some more love. Cant wait
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Sexy :tu:

A welcome improvement! The layout is more systematic, with a clearer "visual hierarchy" than in the previous version (a significant achievement). It still needs some tweaking to minimise clutter, such as the duplicated icons and 2d/3d that Evil pointed out.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Argh! Don't release it too soon, I'm broke!

Hope this version will also have UI scale options, these screenshots are larger than my laptop's 1600x900 screen.

I also agree with EvilDragon and satYatunes about the knobs and keys, though my grievances extend toward the glossy shine effects and strong gradients on the Groups / Regions / Waves / etc buttons. It looks like a mishmash of styles that have nothing to do with each other. Also the top bar has a lot of empty space using up more screen space than necessary, and at this point with such a large UI I think that matters. The mixer could be shorter to line up with the presets and save / load buttons.

I'm really going to miss the collapse / expand feature on all the modules like the browser, and I'm not confident in switching from the tabbed UI where everything has its own screen to a long vertical list you have to scroll through or hide / show content in. If I can only ever see envelopes and wave lists, or the keyboard map and groups with splits, or half of the wave editor and the filters, and I have to turn them each on or off, then why make it a constant vertical stack at all? Just immediately show me what I click on.

Horizontal scrolling is the devil, I've never met someone with a horizontal scroll wheel. The UI is bloated to the point of not only needing vertical scroll bars to function as a concept, which is a red flag, but it also needs horizontal scrolling, which has lit the red flag on fire and tripped the alarms.

I'd give the new version a chance because I like the software but I'm not looking forward to using the interface. You really did a good job on the current interface and it's a breeze to navigate.

The curve option on the AEG is a nice improvement, I usually approximate a curve I like using decay 1 and 2 but a curve control would speed up that process and just let me taper it at the speed I want. Unless it's less of a curve control and more just choosing between linear and one set curve. That'd be better done with just a square icon of a straight line that can switch to a curved line next to the knob's abbreviated name in my opinion, less visual noise from the high contrast light blue text on black boxes. Can you still see the value for each knob? While I never think "This sound could use 547ms of decay" or "The sustain needs to be 16% quieter" I do however get an idea of how I set the knob without playing a note each time and without learning how a visual representation of the envelope translates to time.

An option to forgo AEG knobs entirely and keep it all inside the new envelope visualizer might be cool, just drag the points around and right click them to switch between curve and linear and any other option, then the tight cluster of text and knobs can go away and give more room to the envelope visualizer to allow for finer level adjustments. Small tool tips with time / amount could appear while hovering over and interacting with the points to satisfy anyone's interest in seeing numbers.

Any new filters or changes to the menu for filters? The current interface is a bit odd with filters since 6db is always an option, but only works for one or two filters, and drive is sometimes just boost or cut rather than distortion. These really should change to suit the filter, it's a minor visual change but would convey information and usage faster.

Also does the wave list in the groups / splits module show where a wave will move to in a list when clicked and dragged now? In the current version the lack of visual feedback for this leads me to making mistakes at times and it feels really strange to do, like it's not actually happening.

I have a horizontal scrollwheel (Logitech MX Master) ;)

EvilDragon wrote:I have a horizontal scrollwheel (Logitech MX Master) ;)

Of course you do. :D
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

It's really great having one. :)

Looks great, very eager for the release! Just keep the option open for people to skin the UI and all the (inevitable) UI woes of users will go away.

Wow! Nice to see an update, and here I was almost thinking v3 was never going to happen :)

I would be very interested in beta testing the new version, I have used v2 quite extensively over the last six years or so.

Return to “CWITEC”