How to slice?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
just started using the TX16Wx and went through the manual.
There it says to create a new slice in the wave editor simply doubleklick while holding the "alt" Key.
But all it does if I do so is playing the sample...
So, how does it actually work?
Thanks!

That's exactly what I was struggling with today and couldn't find a way....I hope someone show us how

Manual, section 7.5.1 "The Wave Editor Toolbar". Check out "Slice into parts" and "Beat Slicer".
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote:Manual, section 7.5.1 "The Wave Editor Toolbar". Check out "Slice into parts" and "Beat Slicer".
I don't want to slice the sample into a number of equal parts I want to set manual slices where the mouse cursor is. In the manual it says to use alt+double click but all it does is zoom in. :?

I can't get it to work here either (I know I did use it in the past, though).

And, I've always thought that it was a slightly awkward combination of key-presses too. (but the easier combinations are used for other functions)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

either its not possible or the manual is wrong and there is no interest in clarifying at this forum.
There are many other vst samplers im out :D

... or, you could give elcallio another chance to respond.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:... or, you could give elcallio another chance to respond.
he could have answered the question already but he had to tell us the chapter in the manual which i already had read and its not working! Sorry I dont want to sound cocky or ungrateful but why not just answer the question?

Because literacy is a quality to be encouraged? Because you did not specify _how_ you wanted to slice, so assuming that you would want to start with the auto-slicers first is reasonable?
But I'll give you that maybe the manual can be misleading if you approach it from the wrong angle;
Slices in TX16Wx are simply "special" loops. When the line you read states to ALT-double click to insert _new_ slice points, it refers to _adding_ slices to already sliced materials. I.e. something you initiated with either slice evenly or by transients.

Now, however, if you want to go fully manual, the quickest way would probably be to just insert a loop encompassing the whole sample, change it to slice, then start ALT-double clicking at places you want to slice at. (I still recommend slice evenly + edit, but sure).
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Helpfulness and communication are also fine qualities to be encouraged ; ). Thank you elcallio, I came here in search for an answer to this as I'm having the same challenges. Looking forward to trying this out. D

elcallio wrote:Because literacy is a quality to be encouraged? Because you did not specify _how_ you wanted to slice, so assuming that you would want to start with the auto-slicers first is reasonable?
But I'll give you that maybe the manual can be misleading if you approach it from the wrong angle;
Slices in TX16Wx are simply "special" loops. When the line you read states to ALT-double click to insert _new_ slice points, it refers to _adding_ slices to already sliced materials. I.e. something you initiated with either slice evenly or by transients.

Now, however, if you want to go fully manual, the quickest way would probably be to just insert a loop encompassing the whole sample, change it to slice, then start ALT-double clicking at places you want to slice at. (I still recommend slice evenly + edit, but sure).

Return to “CWITEC”